Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
We've had the best start to Spring for years. Over the past three days we have had 2 1/2 inches on our part of the mountains, a little further south they have had 3 inches. Down toward the coast there has been upwards of ten inches. Some of the rivers are up a bit but causing no trouble. I was down in the valley to the east of us yesterday and it poured most of the day. About two inches or so fell. The gullies were rising as I was leaving. A week of warmish weather now and no frosts we'll be going well.
Colin

Could use some of that rain over here. Today was the first day in several weeks we got any rain, and it was barely any. Its getting ridiculous here. Hopefully we can get a decent cutting of hay for the winter because if you can even find hay its gonna be well over $100 a bale. Know someone around here that just cut 24 acres and got 4 and a half bales from it. What is still alive around here sure aint growing any.

There are several hundred bales of oats hay sitting around here that the guy can't find a buyer for. Don't know how much it would cost to haul them to texas, but I bet they could be bought for $25 or less per bale. 1500 lb. bales.

Had a few showers throughout the day. Yards muddy,friend bogged his truck down the hill from our house today. It can fine up now. What a Spring we should have. Have to fix some floodgates (fences across our river and creeks),lost four in the downpour. Water went over our main road bridge during the night. Creek is still half way up the banks.
Colin

Latest posts