RAIN!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I think i'm about to have a heart attack because it's actually raining here :shock: ...been downpouring for about 45 minutes now...rain rain rain in the forecast...for about the next week or so...i'm glad its here now but in a few days i'll be cussing and whining for the rain to go away :lol: ...but right now i'm as happy as can be just to see some rain :)

Take care

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":29lbjvee said:
Yeah it has been raining pretty good off and on both days here to. Rain in the forecast all week. Im happy. It should make the grass greenup and come on again.

I dont know if I can take a whole weeks worth of rain though...all that run-off from the mountains makes big ol puddles all over my land...and once it does that...well my language turns R-rated when im out there trying to get through about a foot of mud :lol: ...maybe it'll fill a few of my lakes up again though...they've been getting a little low :)

how dare you be happy about the rain! think of all the poor defenseless ants. how would you like it if you suddenly got bombarded by not so tiny bombs of water threatening to not only explode on you but potentially drown you as well?! and having to rebuild your whole community each time there was a downpour. can you imagine the fear these ants must face?

Beefy":aazkpgzk said:
how dare you be happy about the rain! think of all the poor defenseless ants. how would you like it if you suddenly got bombarded by not so tiny bombs of water threatening to not only explode on you but potentially drown you as well?! and having to rebuild your whole community each time there was a downpour. can you imagine the fear these ants must face?

:) well I guess ants need to learn how to swim...they got 6 legs...they should be pretty advanced swimmers with all them legs...and most of the ants are probably safe and dry...in my kitchen somewhere waiting for someone to drop a few crumbs of food :roll: ...I hate ants :lol:

there's plenty of them to help rebuild their community also...they'll have it done in about 5 minutes...they are some fast working little boogers :)

We had some last night, then another spell of it this evening and I am grateful! In the last few weeks it seems that most of the state gets rain but here. Even all the rain from Alberto was all around us, but not here. I hope we get more. The cracks in the pastures are almost gone this evening.

The ants will be fine. Saw some crawling around earlier. Besides I think half of them live in my house! Annoying.

Katherine

Yall can take some of the rain weve had here in Houston lately. Weve probably had almost 10 inches in the last couple weeks in some areas. This dang city cant take water that fast either, after 2 or 3 inches everything is flooded here.

At work I dang near lost a boot in the mud. My foot sunk in leaving about 3 inches of my boot above the mud.

Oh man! I think it was about 10 years ago, I was at a ranch tour and everybody was complaining about mud. The extension agent said you better stop complaining because sure as heck we will be in a drought next.

I want to complain about mud again! :frowns: 7-8 years of complaining about dust has gotten OLD :secret:

Heritage I'm on the other end of WV and It didn't rain a drop here yesterday. It's a steady shower this morning. We need it badly. We're a little short on grass/hay and everything.

80% chance yesterday and we got a drip at my place. 60% chance today and that was early this morning time frame. NOTHING...........Seems to be raining all Florida except my place.

Latest posts