Rain rain

Help Support CattleToday:

lynnmcmahan

Reaction score
Got a little over 7" in the last 48 hours and it's still coming down. Not stormy, just steady soaking rain.
Suppose to last another couple days.
What y'all getting?

We got 4" last week and have had about 1/2" so far today. Another couple of inches would be great. We can't handle alot of rain at one time here, the 4 inches washed the back road out and the pond dam for the cotton pivot.

lynnmcmahan":2godl7ri said:
Got a little over 7" in the last 48 hours and it's still coming down. Not stormy, just steady soaking rain.
What y'all getting?

We had the warmest spring on record around here with less than the usual rain. Had very little snow last winter, too, so not much ground moisture to begin with. The drought monitor has us at "ususually dry" which isn't bad yet but people are getting worried. Supposed to be a good chance of rain the next couple of days. Something like what you're getting would be nice as the crops are in a critical stage right now. I'm glad you're getting it, though.

VanC":16zdw0lv said:
lynnmcmahan":16zdw0lv said:
What y'all getting?

We had the warmest spring on record around here with less than the usual rain. Had very little snow last winter, too, so not much ground moisture to begin with. The drought monitor has us at "ususually dry" which isn't bad yet but people are getting worried. Supposed to be a good chance of rain the next couple of days. Something like what you're getting would be nice as the crops are in a critical stage right now. I'm glad you're getting it, though.

I'm south of Van C and north of lynnmcmahan. I know that most of the soils here are a bit thin--especially the pasture ground. We've got a NWS forecast of 50% chance of .1 inches. I think, and I'm lobbying for a cushy gov contract for ME, we should have an "ag interpreter" for this.
I've scanned radar out into Kansas. Nothing much is happening on the precip front. Some may get a splash, others not.

lynnmcmahan":5imf2s6k said:
What y'all getting?

25 mph 90 degree wind....Might have had an inch since the end of March.

We've got just over 12" in the past ten days. 2 weeks ago it was probably as dry as I have seen it since 98'. Now I got standing water in the pastures.

Got 7/10ths last week. I'm thankful but I sure could use a slow steady soaker. It's dry.

LRTX1":3bfpibsz said:
We've got just over 12" in the past ten days. 2 weeks ago it was probably as dry as I have seen it since 98'. Now I got standing water in the pastures.
I was beginning to wonder if this was going to be another 98 type year

1982vett":2ovpjzh3 said:
lynnmcmahan":2ovpjzh3 said:
What y'all getting?

25 mph 90 degree wind....Might have had an inch since the end of March.
------------------temp--wind speed----humidity
05:45 PM -------109------24mph ------- 06

hooknline":17clfs23 said:
LRTX1":17clfs23 said:
I was beginning to wonder if this was going to be another 98 type year

I expect you area to get rain tonight and next week.
Remember to put your rain gear on when you pray for rain. That's a sure sign of faith. :)

We got 1.42 just tonight. Pasture went from the Sahara to mud again. That's ok with me though. It will soak in quick enough. I was burning some decent sized brush piles today and this rain may have just put them out for the night

we got nearly 5" june 4th & 5th.
after nearly 2yrs with very little rain i can't tell how good it felt.
the grass has jumped up and GREEN, i forgot what green grass looked like.
it was a blessing.
it's hot now (100+) but the grass is still growing

Since it started here early yesterday we have gotten 2.6 inches. My uncle about 3 miles up the road got 3 inches and my folks which are about 10 miles from me got over 4 inches. More to come tonight and tomorrow.

Latest posts