Rain Rain Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
It has finally come to our neck of the woods, it has been raining since Sunday about 2am and is still raining, this will help things a lot.I hope it keeps it up for three or four more days.

Herefordcross":22pkx319 said:
It has finally come to our neck of the woods, it has been raining since Sunday about 2am and is still raining, this will help things a lot.I hope it keeps it up for three or four more days.

We had rain again yseterday. .02 inches

We finely got rain yesterday 1 1/2". We were really dry and
I was getting ready to feed hay. should be good now just
started to rain again. A nice gentle southern rain this time.

We ended up getting right at 4 inches over the past three days. Just what the doctor ordered.

We had a storm right off the coast all weekend. They said 60% Sat, 80% SUN, 60% today. So far I got a little sprinkle. :mad:

We finally got some rain this weekend also! About 2 inches over a 24 hr period.... corn was starting to curl up in the lighter soil, 2nd crop hadn't started to do much of anything, and the pasture was close to being done. I counted every drop as a blessing!

Michele

Lots of thunder up here this afternoon, the clouds split of fizzel when the get to my place. :x

mnmt

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.75" this past weekend.I appreciated every drop.We need more showers like that about every week or so for a while.
That seems to be our problem, it's all coming at one time.

We'll let's just say that I won't have to aerate my pastures this year, the cows are doing it for me, if anything I'll be discing and cultipacking and reseeding. We needed rain and I am not complaining but, man alive is this one heck of a long rain, if it would just dump half of this on texas it would look like a rain forest down there.

We have had rain all spring, but this pretty bad here. A lot of flooding here today. Roads closed, streams out of their banks and wiping out corn fields and round bales floating down the river. We personally havn't had a lot of damage [maybe lost some fences and erosion in our fields], but some of our neighbors have major headaches.

got a few drops on the 4th, not enough to cover the ground in extreme se ks. If nothing occurs quickly, there will be some tough decesions to make. Hard to graze cattle on nothing, and will need a decent second cutting on hay to make it through year.
rick
rjr

Latest posts