Rain Rain Go Away

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well when it rains it literally pours around here lately. Wish I could send it elsewhere where needed. This is a 35 acre river bottom pasture I was just about to run some weaned calves in since it dried out finally from our last flood 2 weeks ago.

Lost some new Sudan grass plantings behind my house but so it goes. At least all the cows are accounted for.

Another typical year here. In the spring it's too wet to bale a winter crop so you fight moisture. Then along comes the summer crop and you get one decent cutting and baling weather and bam....rain shuts off, temps soar, fields shut down. Ho Hum.

Rain Rain Go Away...You can send it my way. Pretty dry here. Probably start creep feeding calves to take some pressure off it doesn't rain soon.

We'll take it. Mid May and the faucets shut off completely. Got 1 good cutting and looks like any more will be bleak if at all. Hay is going to be pricy for everybody this year. Consumer and grower due to extra work to get what you can get.

Houston got smacked yesterday. Hoping we might get some spinoff from it.....50% chance of 0.12 tomorrow night. Not much but beggars can't be choosy. Usually this time of year, if we get any water it is a result of a tropical disturbance (like this) or a Hurricane.....I know they're bad (grew up on the Texas coast) but for us inlanders, they are salvation.

Latest posts