Rain, rain and more rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
We've had about six inches in the last ten days and they're saying it will continue today, tonight and into Wednesday. :D They have closed I-44 north of Wichita Falls, TX though because of flooding. That's not good. The national weather maps look like those of you in the southeast may get some rain from Fay. I hope so.

congrats on your rain.its been cloudy here for a week with nice cool temps.we are getting some rain every now an then.

No rain all weekend but a good one on Monday. Today it has been spitting rain on and off, but I have a big cloud out of the southwest and it looks like we are headed for another storm. I bet we have gotten five inches so far. I don't watch weather forecasts unless I think something's been canceled for ice. It is nice to see some green come back.

Lammie":21m4kfgr said:
No rain all weekend but a good one on Monday. Today it has been spitting rain on and off, but I have a big cloud out of the southwest and it looks like we are headed for another storm. I bet we have gotten five inches so far. I don't watch weather forecasts unless I think something's been canceled for ice. It is nice to see some green come back.

Now what would be cancelled on account of ice? :lol2: :banana: The only luck we usually had was going home early because of heavy rains. Back then, most of the county roads were not paved and lucky to be graveled. Didn't take much for them to be a safety issue for the buses. So every now and then they would let us out early when rain became a problem.

Frankie, you got 6 inches, I finally have accumulated 1 inch. Hope you get about 18 more then maybe I'll get about 3. :p Naw, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, just hope we can keep getting some.

Frankie":y0lgq9q7 said:
We've had about six inches in the last ten days and they're saying it will continue today, tonight and into Wednesday. :D They have closed I-44 north of Wichita Falls, TX though because of flooding. That's not good. The national weather maps look like those of you in the southeast may get some rain from Fay. I hope so.

Glad to hear you're finally getting what you need. We had way too much rain this spring and early summer. Lot's of flooding (but not as bad as Iowa) and lots of guys had to replant. Now things are getting dry again, but not at the critical stage yet.

Van and I share a climate. Down here, however, the soils are thinner. Crops are going to struggle if we don't get rain soon. If you buy corn, I think it could be a good deal to buy at todays prices. The assumption is still for the second largest corn crop on record. The reality is that dry weather is taking some toll. Not a disaster. But I don't see usda yield per acre being realistic.
My grazing has quit. I had to open up a new field today, and they will only have 72 hrs before I have to pull them out.
After that, we will go with some hay.
Chances are about 40% for the end of the week, and if we make the "I need rain" adjustment to that % it looks like we will be dry for a while.

john250":12dknkew said:
Van and I share a climate. Down here, however, the soils are thinner. Crops are going to struggle if we don't get rain soon. If you buy corn, I think it could be a good deal to buy at todays prices. The assumption is still for the second largest corn crop on record. The reality is that dry weather is taking some toll. Not a disaster. But I don't see usda yield per acre being realistic.
My grazing has quit. I had to open up a new field today, and they will only have 72 hrs before I have to pull them out.
Chances are about 40% for the end of the week, and if we make the "I need rain" adjustment to that % it looks like we will be dry for a while.

At least you made decent hay, right?

Lammie":obg4egpv said:
john250":obg4egpv said:

At least you made decent hay, right?

I have lots of hay, for sure.

Latest posts