rain part 2

Help Support CattleToday:

Had plenty rain lightning and thunder all night and without power until this morning. Cant even get to the cattle on south ranch. But they are on high ground. I swore several years ago while we were in a drought I'd never complain about rain again.
So far I haven't. Now I gotta get outa here and see if I got any fence down or cattle hit by lightning. And it's raining!!

Took the wife 3 hours to get home from work yesterday. Everything flooded. Looks like we're in for it again today. New line of storms just north of Austin headed our way.

Good luck folks.
Water has receded here, but what a soggy situation left behind.
As of yesterday 1pm, US 59 was still closed at Shepard and Cleveland.

Today's just came through. Rained about an hour, not a hard one. Haven't looked how much, but it's on it's way south.

callmefence":2pp9v5e3 said:
;-) Hoping your good greybeard. Saw the weather looks like you got hammered last night again.
We've had a good sheep and goat conversation this morning. Ain't been the same without ya. ;-)

I saw that--I probably should just stay out of that one. My older brother-in-law got a pair of some kind of hair sheep a few weeks ago. Has called me 3 times to come help him make his knotted fence sheep/goat proof. I told him 'no thanks--you got exactly what ya asked for--trouble'.

Yep, took these 10 minutes ago, or "what I'm seeing today--again":

Probably got another 1" in the last 45 minutes.

We were stuck at home yesterday. No crossing the creek in flood stage. Truck stuck in the middle of it. So even if we took the deuce and a half in an emergency we would have had to push that truck out to get by. Water was only a foot deep this a.m. pretty good flow with a lot of force.

weather.jpg

Bad stuff moved through pretty quick. Good thunderstorm with lightening, heavy rain and wind gust. Now just light rain.

greybeard":3eb597l1 said:
Sunny skies, muddy, steamy ground now. The crawfish mounds are getting higher and higher.

Would be nice to see some sun, not so much the steam. :D Guess we'll get a break for a couple of days. Mosquitos ought to be full force. Need to stock up on some spay.

Latest posts