Rain in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Gal

Reaction score
How much was in your rain gauge???

As of Sunday morning , we had a little over 6 inches of rain! I didn't check the gauge this morning but it continued to rain off and on all day Sunday & was still raining this morning!!

3 1/2" Friday - Sunday. Nice to see at least a little green grass for a change. We could sure use 6 or 7 inches around here.

1982vett":13ssx2me said:
GRTiger85":13ssx2me said:
8inches in a week
Does it look any different yet? :D

Sure did green up around here. I'm loving every minute of it.
But I may have to ask one of ya'll from up nort instructions on how to deal with cabin fever.

Cal

Calman":bipv20nb said:
1982vett":bipv20nb said:
GRTiger85":bipv20nb said:
8inches in a week
Does it look any different yet? :D

Sure did green up around here. I'm loving every minute of it.
But I may have to ask one of ya'll from up nort instructions on how to deal with cabin fever.
Cal
Could have been bad had CT been offline. :lol:

Could have been bad had CT been offline. :lol:[/quote]

It did give me a chance to get on facebook and torment some though.

Cal

went from brown to green, it was so dry though that even with 8 inches we had very little run off, creeks are still dry and tanks are still low

GRTiger85":13p73hvg said:
went from brown to green, it was so dry though that even with 8 inches we had very little run off, creeks are still dry and tanks are still low

Mine are about half full, about where they were going into the winter of 2008. Creek did run about 1/3 full. Does have a couple miles of branches feeding it. Still have a bunch of cracks and holes all over the place that water is running into.

I sure am glad for ya'll, after 07 , I look at rain different...

I was out running around this morning-grass has sure greened up-Texas native grasses are amazing,2 years of nothing but morning dew and a passing dog every now and then--little rain and it's like it never was dry~~~~except for the dead trees .. we even had cedar trees die!

If it stays cooler I should make a cutting of hay. The cool cloudy days have not bake the ground dry yet. I tried to put fertilizer out on a millet patch Friday morning and had to quit because the ground was to soft. Almost got the tractor stuck. We are loosing a lot of trees too. A lot of them are trees the winds tore up earlier in the year but many are just old Hackberry trees. Loosing quite a few Post Oak too. Even had a old Pecan die last month. Not sure but it might have gotten tickled by lightning when my lightpole got hit. They are about 400 feet apart. The bark isn't stripped off like a direct hit would do but I noticed the leaves on part of it started turning brown shortly after that hit and the rest followed about 2 weeks later. That one will be missed. I is in a cow lot runaround.

"They" are saying we have a 60% chance of rain Tuesday :shock: I hope the dome over Bastrop county has eroded away.. We'll see (hope,hope) }i{}i{

All right, they put Tuesday and Thursday back in with Wednesday. Going to be a busy day tomorrow to step in front of it.

Busybusy~*~ But won't it be a joy to watch the rain come down :welcome:

How bout that Peg, they have added some more days for it to rain. I think I'll take it if offered. :nod:

Home run Peg. Sort of woke up this morning when the front came thru and it started raining. I think it was about 3 or so. Went back to sleep. Got up a bit after 6 this morning and was :shock: to find it still raining lightly. To dark to go check the rain gauge. Will do that later.

Guess we get to watch it rain like you said.

Latest posts