Rain in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep~woke up and it's raining!! :D Austin TV says it's been raining there for approx 5 hours! Don't know how much/how long here,as was asleep for once.. Hope those folks in Georga are safe- :shock: either toooo much rain or too little everywhere..:roll:

Light enought to read the guage now. Got an inch and still raining lightly. Got a winter time feel to it. Sure looks like a change in weather pattern. Especially when it rains on the first day of a forecast (I'll give em this one even if they did take it out over the weekend. They did put it back just in time.) rather than the last day after being pushed back 4 - 5 times.

We had more rain yesterday in the late afternoon/early evening. It was all over by the time I got home around 7ish but there was 1.8 inches in the gauge! And the front tank was actually overflowing - haven't seen that in a couple of years.

Texas Gal":fxcihlwg said:
We had more rain yesterday in the late afternoon/early evening. It was all over by the time I got home around 7ish but there was 1.8 inches in the gauge! And the front tank was actually overflowing - haven't seen that in a couple of years.

Got about a quarter inch this morning and the wind was terrible up to about noon,also got down to 58 early morning.
Heard ST.JO had some trees blown down.

Cal

According to TV Bastrop got 1 1/2 inch! Now this is Texas,so the guy across the fence could get 6" and I'd get none,but this did seem pretty widespread.. Possibly more to come.. :clap:

.8 inch here....a slow steady kind you want rains yesterday. Maybe more to come tomorrow...Thursday.

I've got the windows up and the air off-First time in a long time-I think I closed up in June..This'll be good on the E bill :D The cats love this,they're hogging the windows..

peg4x4":9h18gudy said:
I've got the windows up and the air off-First time in a long time-I think I closed up in June..This'll be good on the E bill :D The cats love this,they're hogging the windows..

It was 52 this morning with a heavy dew. I woke up freezing 'cause we went to bed with all the windows up and the ceiling fans going full blast.

Calman,
I'm sure you've already check the TPWD website and seen that we're a 2 buck county this year;of course, one of them has to be at least a single spike. On Saturday, we checked the game cams on the back 80 and saw some really nice bucks. I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance . Those pics will really raise your buck fever; they did ours!

It's raining again/still!! started about 2:30,just as I got in the door,so the cats and I have been sorta glued to the windows :lol2: :D :welcome: rain :welcome:

It's been drizzling off and on most of the day. Not enough to keep me from stringing up about 1000 ft of electric fence. Starting to get a little thicker now. Most welcome weather.

Just checked since you reminded me. The drought monitor sight hasn't been updated this week yet. Maybe tomorrow. The avitar I have up now was updated last week. We moved from the maroon area to the orange. Getting a nice light rain now.

It's still raining here,light soaker. my computer says it's 10:52 pm,so it's rained from about 2:30pm until now!Amazing.. The river was up a bit earlyer,but the lakes upstream are so low we don't have to worry about them opening the floodgates-at least not right now. There were scads of rain lilys by the road,mostly white,but some reds and yellows-guess they didn't get to bloom at the usual time. The tank by the office was up about 3 feet!

Still dripping here. We have had about 3/10ths over the last two days.

Not exactly the kind of weather the cotton farmers need but the grass farmers are happy. :nod: