RAIN FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Colorado2008

Reaction score
Finally some relief for us here in Co KA NE area!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It rained 2.5 inches last night and just started up again!!!

I wish it would do this more often!!! :clap: :clap:

~Britani~

Congrats on the rain! And, I'm green with envy!

Alice

Congrats on the rain. We here in Texas remember the concept!!

We got four inches last week. Brought the grass up about three inches and it's getting burnt up again already. We could use a little of that wet stuff.

we got about 7 or 8 inches of rain the other week...really turned everything green again around here...slowly started to turn brown again though...once the rains leaves...the 95 degree heat comes in :roll:

I've had 2.1 inches in the past three days. That is equal to what we have received the whole year. I'm very happy today.

We have now had rain non-stop. Got that 2.5 inches Sun night, flooded the alfalfa pasture Mon night, drove us away from the fireworks last night, and expecting flooding tonight.

Oh well...can't really complain when its what we all wanted!!

Glad to see it come though :D :nod: :D :nod: :D :nod: :D :nod:

While we have been luckier than most, here in Tenn., we got some much needed rain last night and this morning.

Working in S Miss., where I am glad to report, it is raining for the first time in almost 2 mos. :clap:

always good to see rain anywhere. It just proves that it still can rain even when its so darn dry. Our state here in Australia at last reports had 98% drought status. Its dry here but the usual for this time of the year,in our high country. We have had over 40 frosts for the winter so far. Have had nice warmish days 16/17c,from minus 10 up to minus 5/6 each morning.
Haven't had a windy sleety change or the threat of snow yet.

We had enough rain on the 4th of July to make wet dots on the coleche(sp) road. We have a burn ban in Erath county and most all of the fireworks stands were closed.

Let me tell ya' how grim it is at my house. I'd left the back door open for a few minutes one evening last week so my little "avatar" could run outside and back in. I walked around the corner to the back door to shut it after I noticed he was inside and saw that a rat snake had crawled up over the top of the dogs water dish and was getting a drink of water.

Fortunately my 12 year old grandson was able to grab his tail and flip him outside before my husband got to it with a knife. I can just imagine the damage done to the walls, floor, trim.....

Van doesn't do snakes...

Alice

Anyone know a good rain-dance? I've been tryin' it for weeks now, but I must be doin' it wrong. It sprinkled July 4th evening just enough to make dots in the dust on my truck.

BA":138tiwmj said:
About 55 miles north east of Limon! Not too far from ya!

Hmmmmmm......NE of Limon???? I'm not quite that far out. about 60 miles from anywhere....Limon Denver CO Springs. I'm actually NW of Limon. :p

~Britani~

Alice, we got nearly two inches of rain on the 4th. Showers all week up until yesterday when it finally stopped. It is frustrating, though. We were in Cleburne last Saturday and it clouded up and rained a good two inches. Temp dropped 20 degrees. Driving home, maybe 15 miles, the temp goes back up 20 degrees and there isn't a cloud in the sky nor any sign of rain. It rained like heck in Johsua, why not Alvarado?

Lammie":5mbahnwb said:
Alice, we got nearly two inches of rain on the 4th. Showers all week up until yesterday when it finally stopped. It is frustrating, though. We were in Cleburne last Saturday and it clouded up and rained a good two inches. Temp dropped 20 degrees. Driving home, maybe 15 miles, the temp goes back up 20 degrees and there isn't a cloud in the sky nor any sign of rain. It rained like heck in Johsua, why not Alvarado?

Clearly a case of discrimination. :eek: I wish Stephenville would get taken off the BAD list. It's a tinderbox here.

Alice

Alice":7qlwchui said:
Clearly a case of discrimination. :eek: I wish Stephenville would get taken off the BAD list. It's a tinderbox here.

Alice
The cactus is still alive here in Hood County this year. We got just over a quarter inch over the three days. Some places around here faired much better.

backhoe,

We were driving to Granbury on the 4th. Right before we got to Tolar the bottom dropped out. Water was actually running across the Hwy. We got to Granbury and there wasn't a drop.

Are you in the area that got that big rain? I know it didn't last long 'cause when we started home, about 45 minutes later, the rain had stopped. But while it was raining, it was really coming down.

Alice

Latest posts