Rain, at last.

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
Well, we finally got a little rain last week. Rained a little over 2" at my place (thank you, Lord) but then we also got 80 mph wind. Blew a tree over on the house, had a tree across the drive way, my hay barn lost several sheets of tin, took out a wall on my storage shed and lost one sheet of tin off the pump house. Got no idea where the tin got off to that was on the hay barn. We found four sheets but the rest is gone - maybe in the next county.

Anyway, we got the tree off the house, the hole filled in and the driveway cleared but that's it. the rest will have to wait. Oh, did I mention that we lost the irrigation controller (for the garden) and one screen off the house.

Thanks again for the rain, we really needed it. Next time though, could you arrange for just the rain and leave the wind at home.

Earl Thigpen":b3h6vc2f said:
Well, we finally got a little rain last week. Rained a little over 2" at my place (thank you, Lord) but then we also got 80 mph wind. Blew a tree over on the house, had a tree across the drive way, my hay barn lost several sheets of tin, took out a wall on my storage shed and lost one sheet of tin off the pump house. Got no idea where the tin got off to that was on the hay barn. We found four sheets but the rest is gone - maybe in the next county.

Anyway, we got the tree off the house, the hole filled in and the driveway cleared but that's it. the rest will have to wait. Oh, did I mention that we lost the irrigation controller (for the garden) and one screen off the house.

Thanks again for the rain, we really needed it. Next time though, could you arrange for just the rain and leave the wind at home.
needed rain's always seem to come at a cost.. those strait line wind's make a mess.. there like you own, little private tornado

congrats on the rain.sometimes when you get rain you get the bad weather to go with it.we got 1.7 in of rain sat morning in less than an hour.

Latest posts