radio

Help Support CattleToday:

thankfully we got a station here that plays old country, and a few new ones that meet their standards as country. but you can bet they aint many

Got a station that plays Texas artists. But really, Miranda Lambert is getting kinda screaming diva on me and I'm getting tired of it. And Kevin Fowler is getting more commercial, too. What happened to "Don't Touch My Willie"? And no plays Steve Earle and he's freakin fantastic. Shooter Jennings singing "Busted In Baylor County"?

There tons of really good music out there that never gets played on commercial radio.

Txwalt":1jf14o80 said:
I'm not listening to music. :frowns:

Walt

You listening to Rush spouting the HSUS line? Or Vick who wants to work with HSUS to stop dog fighting?

dun":fxzib9td said:
Txwalt":fxzib9td said:
I'm not listening to music. :frowns:

Walt

You listening to Rush spouting the HSUS line? Or Vick who wants to work with HSUS to stop dog fighting?

Neither. Too political to say.

Walt

Lammie":1pnepylt said:
Got a station that plays Texas artists. But really, Miranda Lambert is getting kinda screaming diva on me and I'm getting tired of it. And Kevin Fowler is getting more commercial, too. What happened to "Don't Touch My Willie"? And no plays Steve Earle and he's freakin fantastic. Shooter Jennings singing "Busted In Baylor County"?

There tons of really good music out there that never gets played on commercial radio.
I thought I was the only one that noticed this, everyone else says that I'm crazy. I guess Nashville really changes people.

Most people don't know this, but death from uncontrollable laughter was fairly common during the Dark Ages. For example- 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs

ga. prime":3w3hfcfn said:
Most people don't know this, but death from uncontrollable laughter was fairly common during the Dark Ages. For example- 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs

I can't speak for Chrysippus, but a drunk donkey eating figs does sound laugh-out-loud funny.

image0011-7.gif
eating figs :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will never listen to terrestrial radio ever again,,, satellite radio is the best thing since sliced bread .. : We have it in the house and all vehicles, even the field tractor.

There's one local AM station that plays classic country. It ain't country music unless it sounds good on AM.

The other day I was listneing to Willies Place on DirectV and they had the name of the artist for the tune as Frenchy Burke. The music was familiar and I fianlly figured out they had the wrong name. It should have been Fiddling Frenchy Burke, that's the only way I had ever heard/seen his name before.

When I listen to radio it is usually NPR or "oldies rock" from 50-60-70's. But 95% of the time I listen to books on tape while I am driving or doing fieldwork. Sometimes I will listen to a "high powered" AM station to get weather updates but that is rare.

I go through periods when I listen to NPR a lot. Especially on the weekends. I love This
American Life.

I thought I was the only one around that liked some of the NPR shows. My favorite is A Prarie Home Companion. Saw them do that live in Savannah a few years ago.

I used to listen to Prairie Home a lot. I never catch it anymore. I don't know if it is on our local station.

i listen to john boy and billy in the morning they are not politically correct :cowboy: like me and the rest of the times just country

alacattleman":24koz0f1 said:
i listen to john boy and billy in the morning they are not politically correct :cowboy: like me and the rest of the times just country

We used to get John Boy and Billy here. They are pretty funny.

Latest posts