radio

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
4,141
Reaction score
0
Location
heart of dixie
thankfully we got a station here that plays old country, and a few new ones that meet their standards as country. but you can bet they aint many
 

Lammie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Got a station that plays Texas artists. But really, Miranda Lambert is getting kinda screaming diva on me and I'm getting tired of it. And Kevin Fowler is getting more commercial, too. What happened to "Don't Touch My Willie"? And no plays Steve Earle and he's freakin fantastic. Shooter Jennings singing "Busted In Baylor County"?

There tons of really good music out there that never gets played on commercial radio.
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
6
Location
MO Ozarks
Txwalt":1jf14o80 said:
I'm not listening to music. :frowns:

Walt


You listening to Rush spouting the HSUS line? Or Vick who wants to work with HSUS to stop dog fighting?
 
OP
Txwalt

Txwalt

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
1,180
Reaction score
0
Location
centex
dun":fxzib9td said:
Txwalt":fxzib9td said:
I'm not listening to music. :frowns:

Walt


You listening to Rush spouting the HSUS line? Or Vick who wants to work with HSUS to stop dog fighting?

Neither. Too political to say.

Walt
 

FarmGirl10

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
1,609
Reaction score
0
Lammie":1pnepylt said:
Got a station that plays Texas artists. But really, Miranda Lambert is getting kinda screaming diva on me and I'm getting tired of it. And Kevin Fowler is getting more commercial, too. What happened to "Don't Touch My Willie"? And no plays Steve Earle and he's freakin fantastic. Shooter Jennings singing "Busted In Baylor County"?

There tons of really good music out there that never gets played on commercial radio.
I thought I was the only one that noticed this, everyone else says that I'm crazy. I guess Nashville really changes people.
 

ga. prime

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
3,856
Reaction score
0
Location
So. Cent. Ga.
Most people don't know this, but death from uncontrollable laughter was fairly common during the Dark Ages. For example- 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs
 

john250

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
8,301
Reaction score
0
Location
Holton, IN elevation 768 ft
ga. prime":3w3hfcfn said:
Most people don't know this, but death from uncontrollable laughter was fairly common during the Dark Ages. For example- 207 BC: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunk donkey attempt to eat figs

I can't speak for Chrysippus, but a drunk donkey eating figs does sound laugh-out-loud funny.
 

chrisy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,543
Reaction score
0
Location
England United Kingdom
image0011-7.gif
eating figs :clap: :clap: :clap:
 

hillsdown

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 31, 2006
Messages
9,930
Reaction score
9
Location
Alberta, Canada
I will never listen to terrestrial radio ever again,,, satellite radio is the best thing since sliced bread .. : We have it in the house and all vehicles, even the field tractor.
 

cfpinz

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
6,117
Reaction score
172
Location
Virginia
There's one local AM station that plays classic country. It ain't country music unless it sounds good on AM.
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
6
Location
MO Ozarks
The other day I was listneing to Willies Place on DirectV and they had the name of the artist for the tune as Frenchy Burke. The music was familiar and I fianlly figured out they had the wrong name. It should have been Fiddling Frenchy Burke, that's the only way I had ever heard/seen his name before.
 

Jalopy

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
1,759
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Iowa- USA
When I listen to radio it is usually NPR or "oldies rock" from 50-60-70's. But 95% of the time I listen to books on tape while I am driving or doing fieldwork. Sometimes I will listen to a "high powered" AM station to get weather updates but that is rare.
 

Lammie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
I go through periods when I listen to NPR a lot. Especially on the weekends. I love This
American Life.
 

grannysoo

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
4,813
Reaction score
0
Location
The Briar Patch
I thought I was the only one around that liked some of the NPR shows. My favorite is A Prarie Home Companion. Saw them do that live in Savannah a few years ago.
 

Lammie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
I used to listen to Prairie Home a lot. I never catch it anymore. I don't know if it is on our local station.
 

alacattleman

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
4,141
Reaction score
0
Location
heart of dixie
i listen to john boy and billy in the morning they are not politically correct :cowboy: like me and the rest of the times just country
 

Lammie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
alacattleman":24koz0f1 said:
i listen to john boy and billy in the morning they are not politically correct :cowboy: like me and the rest of the times just country

We used to get John Boy and Billy here. They are pretty funny.
 

Latest posts

Top