Racial diversity

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calman":8u91bt9i said:
Both my daughters married yankees.Does that Count? Buckeye yankees mater of fact.

Cal
Dang Cal. Sorry bout your luck. :p

Color doesn't matter, its whats inside that counts.
You're either a good person or not, period.

Calman":1j8tvnqb said:
Both my daughters married yankees.Does that Count? Buckeye yankees mater of fact.

Cal

Cal if my memory serves me your wife is from Ohio, that'd make your grandkids 3/4 "buckeye yankees" :lol2: , sounds like you're losin ground to me. Anyway we're proud to have em and I hope yall are having a good Christmas, Texas and Ohio.

Larry

larryshoat":1wbsigvg said:
Calman":1wbsigvg said:

Cal

Cal if my memory serves me your wife is from Ohio, that'd make your grandkids 3/4 "buckeye yankees" :lol2: , sounds like you're losin ground to me. Anyway we're proud to have em and I hope yall are having a good Christmas, Texas and Ohio.

Larry

It looks like the yankees get to claim your family Cal. Hate to give you that news on such a happy day. :lol:
Ohio is kinda lame, but it benefits from its location next to Indiana. :)

Yep Larry and John you are both right,I guess I'm the only oddball southerner in the family. But I wouldnt have it any other way.They are all raised on a farm though that helps.
And Spoon I did teach them the southern ways. :lol:

Cal

Calman":312rbkfo said:
Yep Larry and John you are both right,I guess I'm the only oddball southerner in the family. But I wouldnt have it any other way.They are all raised on a farm though that helps.

Cal

From my point of view, it's the Yankee blood that's been corrupted, not the other way around. :)

VanC":1qht3x0e said:
Calman":1qht3x0e said:

Cal

From my point of view, it's the Yankee blood that's been corrupted, not the other way around. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cal

As far as I know the whole family is European decent. Dad's parents were English and that goes back to the Scandinavians or something. One of those viking places... :lol2: Mum's has been in Australia a bit longer, her great great great grandfather came over with 2 brothers to build railways. They were English, and before that French and before that Polish (back when they had a back bone). But that's getting to like the 1600-1700's :nod: There is a bit of suspicion that maybe there is a touch of aboriginal but that's never been found and the family is pretty on top of their heritage...

As for multiculturalism or 'racial diversity'. I naturally find that I share more experiences/similarities/etc with people from Caucasian countries, but then I have some great friends from the Mediterranean countries such as Spain and I wouldn't hesitate to be with someone from there in the right circumstances. I find that with most African, Asian and East Asian people, I don't share many common things at all on a personal level so I don't normally associate with them. I do have a couple of friends who are Asian and such but that's a minority. So I don't consciously select "my own kind" but I can definitely see a pattern in who I typically get along with better...

Funnily enough I always seem to go back to the Aussie men... haha. Even though I love the European breeds :cowboy:

a_c, arnt most of the Aussie men from origin European mainly English....penal colonies of old. and when the fare to Auss was £10 one way. My Uncle came out to Australia back in the 1800's as a free man to set up home, as far as I know the family still has the farm today, I will ask my S-I-L the name of the place as she is in contact with them.

chrisy":3o2sp72l said:
a_c, arnt most of the Aussie men from origin European mainly English....penal colonies of old. and when the fare to Auss was £10 one way. My Uncle came out to Australia back in the 1800's as a free man to set up home, as far as I know the family still has the farm today, I will ask my S-I-L the name of the place as she is in contact with them.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure none of my relatives were the 10 pounders :lol2: But that's where a lot of aussies come from. A lot of Italians too. Australia at the time apparently wanted to only let "certain people" in (read: euros). It wasn't until ages later the Chinese were even allowed in. Most Australians don't even descend from convicts I'm pretty sure. Used to drive me mad when I worked in a bar in EC1...

"Oh ho ho, you're a convict"
"Actually my grandparents are English and my mothers ancestors came out as free men."
"Oh well you're still a stinking convict."
:roll:

But now days it's pretty diverse hey.

I think if we worried more about the human race as a whole instead of our own perceived purity of lineage we'd all be better off-lets face it not many of us can be completely sure what blood courses through our veins. I can see why they still show Archie Bunker reruns on the Tv though.

Northern Rancher":glc48ams said:
I think if we worried more about the human race as a whole instead of our own perceived purity of lineage we'd all be better off-lets face it not many of us can be completely sure what blood courses through our veins. I can see why they still show Archie Bunker reruns on the Tv though.

You mean women should be like bitch dogs huh?? Just take whatever is convenient or handy to keep the "human race" going ?? Diversity is retaining your individuality. For whatever it's worth Archie Bunker is funny..so was George Jefferson and Sanford and Son. NR what "nationality" did you hang up with and how did you "paper" the offspring??

TexasBred":21ugrfnu said:
Northern Rancher":21ugrfnu said:

You mean women should be like be nice dogs huh?? Just take whatever is convenient or handy to keep the "human race" going ?? Diversity is retaining your individuality. For whatever it's worth Archie Bunker is funny..so was George Jefferson and Sanford and Son. NR what "nationality" did you hang up with and how did you "paper" the offspring??

What a classy...absolutely lovely...response.

Alice

TexasBred":29hvwe6v said:
You mean women should be like be nice dogs huh?? Just take whatever is convenient or handy to keep the "human race" going ?? Diversity is retaining your individuality. For whatever it's worth Archie Bunker is funny..so was George Jefferson and Sanford and Son. NR what "nationality" did you hang up with and how did you "paper" the offspring??

This has to be one of the most narrow minded, derogatory and hateful posts that I have ever read.

I agree with Northern Rancher and Jay who said. "Color doesn't matter, its whats inside that counts.
You're either a good person or not, period."

a_c where in EC1 was the bar? I was ribbing you about the convicts, I am sure you have had enough of the leg pulling over it. My friend who is from Malasia had a hard time trying to get a visa to come to live in Australia, after about 2 years of trying they finally said yes and her and her Husband have been over there for a good few years now.

chrisy":1udxzwef said:
a_c where in EC1 was the bar? I was ribbing you about the convicts, I am sure you have had enough of the leg pulling over it. My friend who is from Malasia had a hard time trying to get a visa to come to live in Australia, after about 2 years of trying they finally said yes and her and her Husband have been over there for a good few years now.

A pub called the Castle in Farringdon. Great bar.

Illegal immigrants get here quicker than that. :lol2:

aussie_cowgirl":3fwb3vwz said:
chrisy":3fwb3vwz said:

A pub called the Castle in Farringdon. Great bar.

Illegal immigrants get here quicker than that. :lol2:
The Castle in Cowcross Street....http://www.thecastlefarringdon.co.uk/#
is this the one? if so what a small World...my frist Husbands friends owned it. I used to go there a lot back in the early 1970's. Not sure if they still do haven't been there in years. Used to have good food and music as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts