RA Heifer judge um

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121

Reaction score
Heres one of he New additions to are Registerd herd what do you all think?

RedAngusCattle079.jpg

I like her. I would like her to be a little deeper in her flank and wider, but she looks like she will be a very nice cow some day. It looks as if she has been shown, was she a show heifer at one time, or is she still. Thanks Kaneranch

Red Angus 121-

This is a fine example of a yearling heifer! She has a strong, level top line, good legs and bone structure for her age. I don't feel that she is lacking in flank depth because she is a long-bodied heifer, and good length tends to give the appearance of shallowness in the flank area. I would like to see a rear view for she seems to little narrow in the hindquarters, but that could be the angle of the camera. I would like to see a longer and more level rump. She is a little long-faced for the ideal registered heifer destined for the production of seedstock.

She has what many Red Angus Cattle have and that is s-m-o-o-t-h-n-e-s-s and even blending from one area of her body into the adjacent ones. From what I can see of the heifer standing behind her, she appearss wide, thick and strong-boned. I like BOTH heifers and you should be proud of them. They should make profitable brood cows with adequate feed and care.

DOC HARRIS

Those are exactly the type that I try to buy at sales. Rarely succeed cause I don;t have that kind of money.

dun

.... and talented too. Look at the way she balances that peice of hay across her nose! Once a show girl.. always a show girl. :D

You sure have a great looking heifer - I'd be interesred to see her EPD's if you had the time.
Mayby its camera angle but she seems a little short from hip to pin if you wanted to be super critical. Id sure be proud to add her to my herd if the EPD's match the looks.
I thought we stopped talking about "depth in the flank" years ago when it was proven that the only thing that gives that depth is excessive fat.

Goddy

bward":ds06788t said:
.... and talented too. Look at the way she balances that peice of hay across her nose! Once a show girl.. always a show girl. :D

:lol:

a beautiful heifer very well balanced .
would be helpful to see a hind end shot.

EPD's are also good

ww 37/ yw 56/ Milk 20/ TM 39

she weaned at 769 pounds and was 87 ibs at birth. She does have a strong behind its something we look for when buying seedstock. if there to narrow they wont be found on are place.

Beautiful calf. I really like the calves I've seen from your herd, RA. I personally don't think she needs to be any deeper, but might could use a little more flank. I love her. Nice heifer.

Her sire is Beckton Cherokee M789 hes a son of BFCK Cherokee cnyn.

here Dam is sired by Foster Chief 7182 ET.

Her reg # is 1035506

Latest posts