R/M Ironstone

Help Support CattleToday:

blacksnake

Reaction score
Has anyone seen R/M Ironstone in person and if so what are your opinions for use as a terminal sire with the possibility of replacement heifers for carcass oriented producers. ABS lists his weight as 3200 lbs. That seems to be extremely large for a Future Direction son. Thanks for any info

Really that big, surely that is a misprint. I would think that would drive sales down not up. Where did you find his mature weight?

JS

The 3200 lbs is listed on the ABS website. I thought that seemed awfully big for a FD son--or about any Angus.
Thanks

The first ABS bull I ever A;ied too was Hoff Validictorian he was listed as being close to 3,000 lbs-this was back in my Charolais days-his calves weighed right up with them. The daughters weren't real huge cows-I'd take a 100 of them over 100 EXT's any day of the week. I can't see a Future Direction being that big but anything can happen.

New Design 323 could produce some big woody cows that tended not to stick around long. Thats the type of cow I think Future Direction could work on. I really don't know enough about the Rishel Tiffany cows on the bottom side to comment. I just can't see him being that big though. The pedigree says he could/should be a carcass bull, but the BW, calving ease, growth combination is suspect. He may prove to be a pretty honest bull, I wouldn't consider him yet myself.

The thing that throws up red flags for me is; He is 6 years old and has very low accuracy, that tells me the owners have tightly controlled the data being turned in on him. @

Latest posts