R-CALF

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you support R-CALF

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to assume the 7 people who voted against R-Calf are Canadians, otherwise why would anyone not support a group who kept the Canadian border shut and your cattle prices up? I expected a little feedback on this but either your all informed on the good this group is doing for the American Stockman or your just ignorant.

Welcome back BP ... The main thing i know about R-Calf is they support the cow-calf producer, and that the NCA or what ever they call themselves now, do not . i will not renew my membership to the NCA or the Arkansas cattlemans after this year ..

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":27q5sbjc said:
So at the risk of sounding ignorant, as seems to be one of your favorite words for the fine people on CT,what is a "vegan"?

"vegan" Indian word for sorry hunter... :lol: :lol:

Assume what you want to assume. I Voted no on the R-Calf poll.

BLACKPOWER":1i3q0q3f said:
I have to assume the 7 people who voted against R-Calf are Canadians, otherwise why would anyone not support a group who kept the Canadian border shut and your cattle prices up? I expected a little feedback on this but either your all informed on the good this group is doing for the American Stockman or your just ignorant.

WORANCH":1fgocjx6 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1fgocjx6 said:
So at the risk of sounding ignorant, as seems to be one of your favorite words for the fine people on CT,what is a "vegan"?

"vegan" Indian word for sorry hunter... :lol: :lol:
Sorry,I looked the word up and it means,"People who avoid all animal products". Thanks for the laugh though.

WO,

I am too a member of the ACA as well. I am yet to see much for my money, but what really turns you off? I'm not campaigning, it is just that my county isn't real active so I might not be seeing the whole picture. I don't want to throw money into something that is biased against the cow-calf producer..

J Baxter

This is what I said a few weeks ago when the subject came up and nothing has happened to change my opinion. My vote is no! But only because you didn't include a HELL NO!

Texan":1vv4yp8j said:
R-CALF sure doesn't represent my beliefs. And lately, they sure as Hell don't hang around with company I approve of. If they were on a mission to destroy our cattle industry, they would find themselves in bed with some of the same groups they lay up with now. Sleep with dogs, wind up with fleas.

Neither do they seem to share my values. Around my place, we don't expect the government to step in and fix everything for us. We prefer they stay out of our business to the extent possible. R-CALF seems to have a different take on things.

But to be fair and objective, there have got to be some good things that they have done for our industry. Just don't ask me to name any, because I couldn't. But, I haven't been looking either.

I am a Canuck. I did not vote and will not vote.

Suspect that those who voted and did not state where they resided may not all be from north of the 49'th.

The organization is an American outfit and as such I do not have the right to vote. What they do for their members is simply what the members want them to do - otherwise they would not receive money from said members. So the poll is a mute point in my opinion.

My problem with the organization is that some members promote our animals as a disease and health risk - these same R-CALF members then proceed to buy Canuck cattle - and present those high risk cattle to Tyson and Cargill for processing. The meat is then shipped to the U.S. of A. for American consumers to eat.

Does not make sense to me.

Be that as it may, I have problems with some - if not most of the organizations in this country - so it all comes out in the wash.

Regards,

Bez

Texan":k2yuvwrw said:
R-CALF sure doesn't represent my beliefs. And lately, they sure as Hell don't hang around with company I approve of. If they were on a mission to destroy our cattle industry, they would find themselves in bed with some of the same groups they lay up with now. Sleep with dogs, wind up with fleas.

Neither do they seem to share my values. Around my place, we don't expect the government to step in and fix everything for us. We prefer they stay out of our business to the extent possible. R-CALF seems to have a different take on things.

But to be fair and objective, there have got to be some good things that they have done for our industry. Just don't ask me to name any, because I couldn't. But, I haven't been looking either.

Pretty well sums it up for me too. They sound like the democratic party touting that they're for the little guy (paraphrasing).

dun

Texan":3oyp7ix1 said:
Around my place, we don't expect the government to step in and fix everything for us. We prefer they stay out of our business to the extent possible. R-CALF seems to have a different take on things.

Purty much sums it up for me too.

Craig-TX

Latest posts