R. A Brown Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie

Reaction score
Since Donnell is a member on this board I think it is appropriate that we mention his sale here . It is this wed. If anyone goes give us a report back of what was hot. I sure like his leadoff red angus bulls mother.

Ollie,
Thanks for asking. Donnell or I one will be back in touch soon with some of the averages and results from Oct 13th. Overall the sale was excellent....best one we've ever had! It was a huge blessing to all of us here at the RAB. The lead off Red Angus bull (son of the cow you speak of) was the top seller. He was purchased by Lynn Pelton in Kansas and then another 25% semen interested went to Accelerated Genetics for a total price of $13,125. We also sold the choice of two ET heifer calves, born this past month, out of that same cow. Pat Richie doubled down to take both calves and their recips for $4250 each. Needless to say, Abigrace is certainly making her mark as one of the best cows we've ever raised.

Kelli

KB":3q6z7fnt said:
Ollie,
Thanks for asking. Donnell or I one will be back in touch soon with some of the averages and results from Oct 13th. Overall the sale was excellent....best one we've ever had! It was a huge blessing to all of us here at the RAB. The lead off Red Angus bull (son of the cow you speak of) was the top seller. He was purchased by Lynn Pelton in Kansas and then another 25% semen interested went to Accelerated Genetics for a total price of $13,125. We also sold the choice of two ET heifer calves, born this past month, out of that same cow. Pat Richie doubled down to take both calves and their recips for $4250 each. Needless to say, Abigrace is certainly making her mark as one of the best cows we've ever raised.

Kelli
Too cheap Kelli for the bull when you compare him to the two heifer calves. I also like his photograph. Does A.G. have prices on semen yet? Finally what kind of carcass data did he have. By the way I don't happen to think that $4250 is too high for two good heifer calves and their recips . I do still think that $13,125.00 is too cheap for a bull like that with a mother like that when you consider the income producing potential of a bull like that.

I went to the sale and had a great time. I met some of the nicest people there and I'm not just talking about the Browns. I took my wife and little girls the oldest is three and the other is three months and they can't wait for next year's sale. There were plenty of really good bulls to choose from and a lot of true herd bulls at the sale. If you haven't been try to go next year.

I bought two Red Angus cows and couldn't be happier. I partnered on one with a friend. She had the second largest REA of all the bulls and heifers of all breeds and is extremely correct and hard to believe feminine.

Tod

The R.A. Brown sale was a great success! I was there representing CATTLE TODAY. A large crowd attended the sale. The barn stayed full as buyers filtered in and out with the changing of the breeds and from bulls to females. Donnell and Kelli offered an excellent set of cattle deep in to the sale.
190 Angus Bulls averaged $3,580
165 Red Angus Bulls averaged $3,265
47 SimAngus Bulls averaged $2,480
21 Simmental Bulls averaged $2,333
103 Angus Females averaged $2,136
56 Red Angus Females averaged $2,674
14 Quarter Horse Weanlings averaged $1,218
405 Registered buyers.
207 Buyers from 20 states and Mexico.

Arnold,

We do sell Hotlanders and Senegus bulls during Sale Day but they are by a Private Treaty offering. We usually make them available about October 1st and then folks have an opportunity to look them over at the annual sale. We haven't had any Senepol bulls available the last couple of years as all of our Senepol cows are being used in the Hotlander program to make some Senegus for the cross. We've also just calved the first Black Simmental sired calves out of our top Senepol cows to make an F1 bull that will be used to cross on Brangus type cows. Hotlander is basically a 4-breed composite made up of Angus (red or black), Simmental, Senepol and Brahman.

Kelli

Latest posts