Quotes

Help Support CattleToday:

I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
[Carl Sagan]

If you want to save your child from polio, you can pray or you can inoculate....Try science. [Carl Sagan]

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy. [Carl Sagan]

What I'm saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job. [Dr. Arroway in Carl Sagan's Contact]

everyone has their own beliefs, who's to say who is right and who is wrong. If someone doesn't believe the way you do and visa versa why are they wrong. If we all believed in the same thing the World would be a boring tiring place, isn't it verity is the spice of life, as what would we have to discuss and talk about if we all thought alike. also isn't it the Christian way to accept someone for what they are with out judgement, and condemnation.

" Do as I say not as I do "
" It ain't over till its over "
" The best way to get on your feet is to get off your azz "

Dogs and Cows":27xd31w9 said:
Not sure if that was to me or not Chrisy...but I didn't condemn anyone...as a matter of fact I stated basically what you did..."demeaning anyone for their beliefs is weak". I will debate with anyone regarding religion...but only until insults are thrown out...and calling someones religious beliefs spiritual fantasy crosses that line.
Sorry if you thought that, no it was just in general, I would not knock any one for what they believe, if it was different to mine I find it interesting to see what theirs are, I do not feel you should mock anyone for anything, that is just ignorant IMO. I have Christian beliefs and my Husband is Agnostic and we agree to disagree and leave it there, he says nothing when I go to Church and he did say he felt a hypocrite when we married in Church but he went along with it as he knew I would be upset with a registry office, as you can't marry outside here, at the moment.

inyati13":16d40tfm said:
I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
[Carl Sagan]

If you want to save your child from polio, you can pray or you can inoculate....Try science. [Carl Sagan]

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy. [Carl Sagan]

What I'm saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job. [Dr. Arroway in Carl Sagan's Contact]

And like Sagan you act like an atheist but deny the label.

Alan":ai2xwj1q said:
Man Alison did this get hijacked quick, may have been a great thread.

You will notice that the two main culprits were both born under the star sign Leo ;-) . I don't mind a thread being hijacked as long as the contents are thought provoking or entertaining...

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
― Albert Einstein

"Words are like people, I think. Put too many of them too close together and they cause trouble."

"Your mind can be either your prison or your palace. What you make it is yours to decide"

"And what greater might do we possess as human beings than our capacity to question and to learn?"
― Ann Druyan

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell "BINGO!"

TexasBred":3oqg8s03 said:
inyati13":3oqg8s03 said:
[Carl Sagan]

And like Sagan you act like an atheist but deny the label.

Pagan is a subset of the Atheist label. Thus, I also consider myself an atheist. To go further, Not one synapses of my brain provides a single impulse of hope in the man made religions of the world.

One of my favorite quotes is by Benjamin Franklin. "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." And no, I don't want to get into the debate about religion, I just like the quote.

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying. *race car mechanic code of ethics

inyati13":clthqkmw said:
Pagan is a subset of the Atheist label. Thus, I also consider myself an atheist. To go further, Not one synapses of my brain provides a single impulse of hope in the man made religions of the world.

"There are under many precautions to imprison a man in what he is, as if we lived in perpetual fear that he might escape from it, that he might break away and suddenly elude his condition." Jean Paul Sartre

A person cannot be this label or that label like a hammer is a hammer or glass is a glass. Too often we focus on the label without looking any deeper. That is how we ended up with a Hindu Governor Jindal. Everybody was focusing on "Republican" instead of "anchor baby".

"The problem with taking quotes off the internet is, you don't always know if they are true." Abraham Lincoln 1852

Latest posts