Quotes and #name?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I have not figured out how to use the quotes tool.
Also, I see some posts have #name in red in their posts when they are referring to another member? What's that all about? Do we just put a # in front of their name and they get notified?

TCRanch

Plainer English please. I don't use @+ on FB, so that didn't explain anything to me. LOL and if I click on Insert Quotes, it tells me to "drag the icon"???? I "dragged your Icon". - that didn't do anything about a quote??

I have not figured out how to use the quotes tool.
Also, I see some posts have #name in red in their posts when they are referring to another member? What's that all about? Do we just put a # in front of their name and they get notified?
To quote someone, click on the REPLY in the lower right of the post from the person you want to quote. That will copy their post into your new post window. Then just type your post and click on POST REPLY below your new post.

Nope didn't come out red. Oops @TCRanch
OK - I got it. See, old dogs can learn new tricks!!

@Jeanne - Simme Valley, If you'll type the @ symbol, then start typing the user name you should get a drop-down to choose from. The list of possible candidates will get shorter as you type more. For example, yours was the only one as soon as I added an "a".

1604320569212.png

Thanks all - I think I got it!!! But, I didn't get a drop down list. Worked though!
PS - thanks TC - my motto is "use it or lose it". I'm hiding in the house right now, because I froze my butt off this morning. Wind is howling at 40-50m gusts and "feel temp" is 16F. Supposed to be in the 60's for 1-2 weeks after tomorrow.

Thanks all - I think I got it!!! But, I didn't get a drop down list. Worked though!
PS - thanks TC - my motto is "use it or lose it". I'm hiding in the house right now, because I froze my butt off this morning. Wind is howling at 40-50m gusts and "feel temp" is 16F. Supposed to be in the 60's for 1-2 weeks after tomorrow.

The drop-down list may be only if you're on a laptop or desk top, not phone.

Drop-down is slow to come up for me. I think due to slow internet. Wait a little and it comes up - at least for me.

Gonna have to disagree with "old dog". Age is relative. Look at you, still running a top notch operation with only the help of your nephew!!
Jeanne @simme is quite the woman I have to say! Hope Im able to half of what she does when Im her age👍🏼

OK - you peaked my interest - who are you @topstock ?
I think most women want to keep their age a secret??? I sure don't. I'm proud of being 73 and still going strong! Not sure how I would have continued my farm after losing Ken if my nephew, Phil, didn't move in - but, I think I would have figured something out.

OK - you peaked my interest - who are you @topstock ?
I think most women want to keep their age a secret??? I sure don't. I'm proud of being 73 and still going strong! Not sure how I would have continued my farm after losing Ken if my nephew, Phil, didn't move in - but, I think I would have figured something out.
You know me Jeanne...yep. You and Phil do a great job! Gail

Latest posts