Quote from Tony Romo

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
Tony spoke regarding his experience this last year with Dallas....

"Lastly, I just want to leave you with something I've learned in this process, as well. I feel like we all have two battles, with two enemies going on: one with the man across from you; the second is with the man inside of you. I think once you control the one inside of you, the one across from you really doesn't matter. And I think that's what we're all trying to do."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ton ... li=BBnb7Kz

greybeard":2qms1lb8 said:
He also learned that a rookie can step right in and take his place......

Yup. As did he when he was a rookie. Cycle of life. Choices are to hold on for dear life or hand off the baton. Either way, the baton will leave your hand and the greatest challenge will be the man inside you - not the one sitting across from you. Check out the whole speech.

"I think once you control the one inside of you, the one across from you really doesn't matter. And I think that's what we're all trying to do."

Angus, it did not take me long to learn that. My career was very confrontational. Thirty three years in regulatory enforcement. 23 with the US EPA. No one likes the EPA not even the environmentalist. I lost my cool so bad a few times early on that the memories still shame me.

I lost a few wars, but I won the battle. That guy inside is the one you got to control.

I don't like sports, and I'm certainly not going to sit down and watch it. That is a very profound statement. I often say a man that goes to bed with an itchy butt, will wake up with smelly fingers. Doubt they put me on a box of Wheaties though.

Bigfoot":2h5n43pg said:
I don't like sports, and I'm certainly not going to sit down and watch it. That is a very profound statement. I often say a man that goes to bed with an itchy butt, will wake up with smelly fingers. Doubt they put me on a box of Wheaties though.

I guarantee you: THEY WILL NOT PUT THOSE WORDS ON A WHEATIES BOX

:yuck:

Margonme":q2ugqc4c said:
Bigfoot":q2ugqc4c said:

I guarantee you: THEY WILL NOT PUT THOSE WORDS ON A WHEATIES BOX

:yuck:

I though I might could get in with the whole truth in advertising thing though.

TennesseeTuxedo":1md6l8k2 said:
Romo is a class act but it's Dak's team now.
True and if they win a championship the guys on the bench get the same ring as the MVP on the team just as the guy that graduates last in his class at medical school is called Doctor just as the guy that graduates 1st. Glad to see Romo looking at the bigger picture and doing what is best for the entire organization. Considering that he has a $100+ million contract, with 25 million bonus and 25 million more guaranteed he probably doesn't matter walking the sideline and carrying a clip board.

We'll see if he's still that team oriented when they want to re-negotiate his contract to open up some salary cap space next year.
I figure he's going to be calling Chicago, Cleveland or New York home in the not so distant future--maybe even Denver.

greybeard":3ob00t89 said:
We'll see if he's still that team oriented when they want to re-negotiate his contract to open up some salary cap space next year.
I figure he's going to be calling Chicago, Cleveland or New York home in the not so distant future--maybe even Denver.

I agree GB. I don't blame him at all for moving on. He's a competitor that has lately been plagued by injuries. I've always defended Romo and thought he was a good role model compared to all the other self preservation types. I think he is in the top 10 maybe even 5 for best active QBs. People give him crap but I always say go look at his stats and compare that to their season and terrible defenses the cowboys have had over his tenure. He did a lot and was put in a position more times than not to make risky decisions to help his team score 28 or more points just to win games.

greybeard":mmzt39j8 said:
With 25 million signing bonus I'm sure he can renegotiate, defer or whatever with no problem. He// Ithink the cowboys are still paying Troy Aikman he renegotiated his so many times to free up space under the salary cap.