Quiz for the older folks.

Help Support CattleToday:

TLCfromARK

Reaction score
CAUTION: ANYONE WHO SCORES 100% ON THIS QUIZ IS OLD...

Subject: Fun Quiz for "Old" Folks

The answers are below, but don't cheat!

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind."

"What did he leave behind?_______________________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on the ______________________show.

03. Get your kicks _______________.

04. The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed

____________________.

05. In the jungle, the mighty jungle, _________________________.

06. After the twist, the mashed potatoes, and the watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the

_________________________.

07. N_E_S_T_L_E_S, Nestle's makes the very best _______________.

08. Satchmo was America's "ambassador of goodwill." Our parents shared this

great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was____________________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?__________________.

10. Red Skeltons hobo character was________________________, and he

always ended his television show by saying, "Good night,_________________

and_____________________________."

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam war did so by burning

their_________________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front, was called the VW. What other names did it go by?__________________________&_______________________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died."

This was a tribute to__________________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it; it was called _____________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist; it was called! the ___________.

SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS...

Answers:

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.

02. The Ed Sullivan show.

03. Route 66

04. to protect the innocent.

05. The Lion sleeps tonight.

06. The limbo

07. chocolate.

08. Louis Armstrong

09. The Timex watch.

10. Freddy the freeloader, and "Good night, and may God Bless."

11. draft cards (the bra was also burned); And so, in some cases, were Flags

12. Beetle or Bug

13. Buddy Holly

14. sputnik

15. hoola-hoop

i got them all except freddy the free loader.....but i would like to think that i am good at things like trivia...not old.. :lol: :lol:
it seems that i do know alot of useless information...it just sticks to my brain cells....but the intellectual stuff just floats on through... lol :shock:
keep the silly trivia coming..it makes me feel smart

WHo was the song "There's a new star in heaven tonight" written about?

dun

I got 14 1/2 right ---- couldn't remember that the VW was also called a "bug" in addition to a "beetle"

Dang dun, you really are old aren't you? :lol: Might you be thinking about an old time romeo named Rudolf?

Arnold Ziffle":16pifiii said:
I got 14 1/2 right ---- couldn't remember that the VW was also called a "bug" in addition to a "beetle"

Dang dun, you really are old aren't you? :lol: Might you be thinking about an old time romeo named Rudolf?

You must be an old fart too.

dun

Arnold Ziffle":9bdqjzd6 said:
Guilty as charged, and lately I'm feeling older than my years. :cry:

But the good part is that you're still "feeling"!

dun

This ruined my day! :( I knew them all. I guess I'll just take some Geritol, and lie down a bit. :) I guess I'm new to the board but old on the earth.

myakka145":16ngak47 said:
This ruined my day! :( I knew them all. I guess I'll just take some Geritol, and lie down a bit. :) I guess I'm new to the board but old on the earth.

:lol: hadnt heard the word geritol in quite a spell.. bet ole jake hadnt ever heard of it... ;-)

jt

Kinda like "Serutan" Natures spelled backward. You really have to be dirt old to remember that one!! :lol: :lol:

dad gum it!!!!!
i got em all and didn't even heistate to think about the answers!
guess that makes me really old!!!!!!!! :( or maybe smarter that the average bear iffin i recall correctly that was said by yogi bear!!!!!! :)
any one here remember the ed sullivan show that showed elvis from the hips up!!!!
i could barely see it cause there was so much snow on the screen!!!!!!
anyone remember martha white?
cowboy copus (sp)
lash larue
cisco kid and pancho
where were you when hank williams died?
how about party lines, every one had a series of rings that identified who was suppoosed to get the call (every one else listened in)
honey pots?
guess i am really showing my age here :lol:
but still feel like i am 16 !
YEA RIGHT :(

i remember cisco kid & the party line came to our place when i was about seven. don't believe i know that song dun, but who was it wrote for

jerry27150":3fh14one said:
i remember cisco kid & the party line came to our place when i was about seven. don't believe i know that song dun, but who was it wrote for

Rudolf Valentino

dun

OK all you oldtimers --- without going to a search engine, who can name the 3 wives of Ben Cartright, from the old family show Bonanza? And bonus gold stars if you can name each of their sons. Caustic Burno, here's your chance to shine.

Arnold Ziffle":1rkutl9f said:
OK all you oldtimers --- without going to a search engine, who can name the 3 wives of Ben Cartright, from the old family show Bonanza? And bonus gold stars if you can name each of their sons. Caustic Burno, here's your chance to shine.

Don't remember the wives but the boys was Adam, Hoss & Little Joe. After Adam left they brought in a new guy, kind of a adoptive son, I think his name was Candy.

;-)

Latest posts