quitting smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

Way to go memanpa..keep up the good work!
As a kid growing up in the late 70's, we were probably the first generation that was preached to about the harmful effects of smoking. I do still remember seeing the cigarrete commercials on t v when I was younger. Maybe it was the preaching, but more than likely it was my working at a small Cabells grocery store, and seeing all the money folks spent on smokes (53 cents a pack in 1976), but to this day I have never smoked a cigarette. Both parents smoked and both older bros still do!
I was getting gas for the truck the other day and saw a lady walk in and buy a carton of cigs and pay for her gas and it was $103!!!!

Memanpa.....at 2 packs a day, you'll have over $100 a month to blow on some other stuff you can put to much better use! Again, hang in there and hopefully the hardest part is behind you!

Way to go Memanpa!! :clap: If you've made it this far, you'll have it beat. I've tried to quit 4 times now and have failed. At one time I was one of those non-smokers that every smoker hates! I would lecture, rattle off statistics, the whole nine yards. When I was kid I used to take my mother's cigarettes and cut them, hide them anything to get rid of them. When I was 21, I did the most stupid thing I've ever done, I started smoking. I have no idea why, but it was the dumbest thing I've ever done. One of these days I'll succeed in quitting before it kills me.
Keep it up, you'll not regret quitting smoking.

Katherine

:clap: memanpa
I went to a hypnotist nearly four years ago (in January) to quit smoking. I am still smoke free.:) It is tough but I will never start again. I have thought about it but I know I would just have to quit again and I never feel like doing that ever again! :shock:
If you have gone this long you've made it!! Congrats.:)

Victoria":1nfl83mr said:
I will never start again. I have thought about it but I know I would just have to quit again and I never feel like doing that ever again! :shock:
Same here. Iwould like to smoke one ever now and then, but I'm afraid the craving would be reactivated.

Latest posts