Quite a day!

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
Today we took 2 heifers out to our other place to wean...

cowsssssss002.jpg

Tagging them...
cowsssssss011.jpg

In the trailer...
cowsssssss013.jpg

In the pen...
cowsssssss015.jpg

cowsssssss010.jpg

After they settled in we went back to the other place...and mama was already calling for baby

cowsssssss028.jpg

cowsssssss020.jpg

Two full blood sisters had a disagreement...
cowsssssss024.jpg

cowsssssss032.jpg

Then the neighbor's bull and our bull had a disagreement too...but this one was more serious -- his bull wound up in our pasture -- and this guy will not fix his fence so it was basicly up to us to return his bull...we ran him back into the small area and closed it off and hopefully he will get back into his own pasture...

Cows037.jpg

We're weaning 6 calves here by the house - fenceline weaning with mommas across the fence. Sorted them on Sunday afternoon and they are making a bunch of noise.

That is the cleanest trailer I've seen off of a new trailer lot. Good job! I'm pretty obsessive about hosing mine down after I use it to cut down on the corrosion.

Nice looking heifers, too!

skyline":33xltl3e said:
We're weaning 6 calves here by the house - fenceline weaning with mommas across the fence. Sorted them on Sunday afternoon and they are making a bunch of noise.

That is the cleanest trailer I've seen off of a new trailer lot. Good job! I'm pretty obsessive about hosing mine down after I use it to cut down on the corrosion.

Nice looking heifers, too!

O yes, we clean the trailer EVERY time after we take cows/calves that way it stays in top condition...we also keep it in a barn which helps a lot

Really nice looking baldies there!

You need a hot wire along that fence. Pop that big boy once or twice and he wont want any part of it!

cypressfarms":2lcl00cj said:

You need a hot wire along that fence. Pop that big boy once or twice and he wont want any part of it!

That would be a good idea but our place is 70+ acres we would have to fence I know some people have that and more fenced but that really isn't a possiblity for us...but still a good idea

K2011":2kaxcrok said:
cypressfarms":2kaxcrok said:

That would be a good idea but our place is 70+ acres we would have to fence I know some people have that and more fenced but that really isn't a possiblity for us...but still a good idea

70+ acres would not be that big of a deal to fence with a strand of hotwire. It can solve a lot of those problems.

K2011":rdesrwsh said:
cypressfarms":rdesrwsh said:

The wire is already their, just put it on an insulator. (Yeah, I know, I don't like electrifying barb wire either)

Absolutely shameful to have a trailer that clean. I don't see any dents in it either. Something just not right about that. Tell you what, I'll trade you trailers and break-in that bad boy right proper for you.

grubbie":itlusm45 said:
Absolutely shameful to have a trailer that clean. I don't see any dents in it either. Something just not right about that. Tell you what, I'll trade you trailers and break-in that bad boy right proper for you.

The sliding gate is bent so we have problems some times closing it...although it seems like every time we have a mean old cow that we are loading we can't seem to close it, lol....but it's seen some pretty dirty/poopy/bloody days, lol...but like I said we get the scrub brush out after every trip...

Latest posts