quit smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":7tl8l3hz said:
I have thought about getting her one of these new substitute rigs but I think it would take two or three for her.

The cool thing about e-cigs is all the options. The different flavors also come in different nicotine levels. I'm using 12mg. My wife on the other hand is using 24mg. The initial cost for a kit is $60 or so but, if she quit smoking you would see a savings within a few weeks depending on how much she smokes. I manage to quit a couple of times for a few months but always went back. The e-cig just makes it way too easy to quit for me.

Walt

pdfangus":xxrdqe5s said:
I quit smoking on sept 1, 1999 when I took this job in a no smoking building and government office.
smoked a couple packs a day of cowboy killers up til then.
Figured if I could not smoke on the job it was time to quit all together. tossed a pack in the trash when i walked in.

I also gained 35 lbs and have lost it about ten times now.

have always had the ability to discharge smoke from remote orifices. still can. jalapeno and habernero flavored.

My wife tried the Chantix three times and smoked right thru it.

I have thought about getting her one of these new substitute rigs but I think it would take two or three for her.
Too bad the Chantix didn't help her. I was 3+ packs a day and quit using Chantix. You do smoke with it , but it blocks the nicotine and most are able to quit within a few months. I smoked with it for 3 months and then quit. No more going back.
Gain 60lbs toooooo. Working on losing it...still - lol
Valerie

vclavin":18y8f712 said:
Too bad the Chantix didn't help her. I was 3+ packs a day and quit using Chantix. You do smoke with it , but it blocks the nicotine and most are able to quit within a few months. I smoked with it for 3 months and then quit. No more going back.
Valerie
When I tried chantix I lost 25 pounds before I got tired of puking all the time and gave up on it

dun":2idh11m3 said:
vclavin":2idh11m3 said:
Valerie
When I tried chantix I lost 25 pounds before I got tired of puking all the time and gave up on it

Dun,
I guess my sister and I were lucky to be able to use it so effectively . That stuff is not Cheap and the insurance would not pay for it or the visit to the doctor to get the prescription.
Hope you find something that really works for you, permanently.
Valerie

vclavin":27s101n6 said:
dun":27s101n6 said:
vclavin":27s101n6 said:
Valerie

Dun,
I guess my sister and I were lucky to be able to use it so effectively . That stuff is not Cheap and the insurance would not pay for it or the visit to the doctor to get the prescription.
Hope you find something that really works for you, permanently.
Valerie
I know what will work for me permanently but I'm not looking forward to dieing just yet

i love my cowboy killers. my mother keeps harping at me to quit while im at such a young age but i figure its my choice. dad has tried everything under the sun to try and quit. i still think its mostly mental. you have to want to do it

cattleluvr18":2zm43x13 said:
i love my cowboy killers. my mother keeps harping at me to quit while im at such a young age but i figure its my choice. dad has tried everything under the sun to try and quit. i still think its mostly mental. you have to want to do it
I believe you are right. I had always told my hubby that one day my reason would be good enough. Yup...mom got colon cancer - stage 4...never guess what she asked us for. My reason.
Valerie

I'm glad some of y'all have managed to quit. I carried cigs and lighter for about 6 months in my shirt pocket every day while i was quitting. I can probably look in the cabinet and still find 2 or 3 packs and it don't bother me to be around people smoking... still got ash trays for friends that visit.
I smoked them from my early teenage years an i was up to 3 packs a day, and there was nothing better than a cup of coffee in the morning and a good cig. Like i said , if i can quit anyone can.
Good luck to all of you who are trying.

cattleluvr18":1eqi5jx8 said:
It is your choice. As young as you are do you have the maturity to accept your mother's advice?

Plenty of people 'want' to quit, but they don't.
A lot of people make the decision to quit and they quit.
I sure didn't 'want' to quit, but I made the decision and I did.
Don't let the semantics get in the way of meaning.

curtis":542tjvb8 said:
I'm glad some of y'all have managed to quit. I carried cigs and lighter for about 6 months in my shirt pocket every day while i was quitting. I can probably look in the cabinet and still find 2 or 3 packs and it don't bother me to be around people smoking... still got ash trays for friends that visit.
I smoked them from my early teenage years an i was up to 3 packs a day, and there was nothing better than a cup of coffee in the morning and a good cig. Like i said , if i can quit anyone can.Good luck to all of you who are trying.
Ditto what Curtis said.

Ryder":10dume89 said:
cattleluvr18":10dume89 said:
It is your choice. As young as you are do you have the maturity to accept your mother's advice?

Plenty of people 'want' to quit, but they don't.
A lot of people make the decision to quit and they quit.
I sure didn't 'want' to quit, but I made the decision and I did.
Don't let the semantics get in the way of meaning.
im doing nothing illegal so i figure its my choice.

just from my personal experience it seems to be a mental thing. i dont want to quit so im not going to, if you decide you have to quit, then you will. either way its no easy task

You said it best Cattleluvr18, Cowboy killers plus Cowgirl Killers. The women around here that have smoked for a very long time show it. The pretty plush skin that they had now looks like a dried cracked piece of leather.
Btw, men have a habit of trading women in like that for a peach smooth model. But its your choice and i would never try to change your mind.

curtis":2paarvb4 said:
You said it best Cattleluvr18, Cowboy killers plus Cowgirl Killers. The women around here that have smoked for a very long time show it. The pretty plush skin that they had now looks like a dried cracked piece of leather.
Btw, men have a habit of trading women in like that for a peach smooth model. But its your choice and i would never try to change your mind.
:( :( :( its things like this that make me wish i wouldnt never picked one up. i guess that chew can sitting in my jeep is looking better and better :nod: (kidding!!)

For those that smoke and want to quit I did forget to mention my favorite part of using the e-cig. Its all the vapor that comes out after you take a drag off it. Sometimes I just puff on it and don't inhale just to make clouds of vapor. Sounds childish but I think its a big part of quitting the real deal.

Walt