Quick, this stinks!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I have been out messing with Sarah's hooves and my hands stink so bad! I can't get the smell to go away! What can I wash them with to take out this stink????

:secret: :eek:

Does your horse have foot rot or as some call it thrush? That stinks really bad. My husband is a horseshoer and it happens all the time. You need to pour a 50% water bleach mixture in the bottom of her feet. Just pick up her foot and hold it up and pour some in hold it for about 30 seconds. After a few days it will usualy clear up. Dawn dishwashing liquid helps take the smell off better than anything.

Thanks. Yes, she has thrush bad. I picked up her hoof today and was cleaning it, oh Lord, the smell. I couldn't remember what the farrier said to do, except that he said his wife would not let him in the rest of the house til he cleaned up. He says you get used to it. I think that if everyone's hands smelled this bad, it would make the perfect diet.

Lammie crest original toothpaste works really good and rinse off with cold water.It is great for using on skunk sprayed dogs as well; the K9 division in the RCMP use that when their shepherds get sprayed .I unfortunately have had to use it as well on occasion for my dogs.

Latest posts