QUESTIONS

Help Support CattleToday:

stockers = stock for a ranch/farm/large parcel owner
feeders = feedlot material
safe in calf = she's pregnant

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKIN BUT JUST MAKIN SURE I HAVE IT CORRECT WHEN READING THESE FORUMS

Herefordcross":1luj0cru said:
Still don't get that term "heiferette" and I've been around this stuff all of my life.

You will be sorry you asked but here are some "Heiferettes"

Sorry to post these but I couldn't help myself since you asked.

gal4.jpg

gal2.jpg

ga1.jpg

ShowLetter2a.JPG

crowder1.JPG

That last will get you a discount

The term 'Heiferettes' probably has some slight variations across the country but we see them as heifers which are a few years old but have never had a calf - probably because they can't, not that they haven't been exposed to a bull.

That last picture is closer to what I consider 'heiferette" weight than are the others.

Nowland Farms
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: ldsfajk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herefordcross wrote:
Still don't get that term "heiferette" and I've been around this stuff all of my life.

You will be sorry you asked but here are some "Heiferettes"

Sorry to post these but I couldn't help myself since you asked.

Herefordcross
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:28 pm Post subject: ldsfajk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RICHARDL
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:28 pm Post subject:

DON'T THINK SO

ffscj
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:11 pm Post subject:

MikeC wrote:
You will also need to know the meaning of "Heiferette".

Hold on, here we go again!!!

Chris

MikeC
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:08 pm Post subject:

You will also need to know the meaning of "Heiferette".

RICHARDL
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:59 pm Post subject:

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKIN BUT JUST MAKIN SURE I HAVE IT CORRECT WHEN READING THESE FORUMS

dj
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:58 pm Post subject:

stockers = stock for a ranch/farm/large parcel owner
feeders = feedlot material
safe in calf = she's pregnant

RICHARDL
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:51 am Post subject: QUESTIONS

I think i know what they are but i'm not sure. What are stockers, feeders, safe in calf

I DID NOT ASK WHAT A HEIFERETE WAS! I simply stated that I didn't understand the term!