Questions about Kangaroos

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN said:
HDRider said:
sim.-ang.king said:
The cost to import didgeridoo players makes raising animals from down under, cost prohibited.
Although you can import mariachi bands dirt cheap, so chupacabras would be a better bet.

I could hear one of these played all the way across downtown Houston

https://youtu.be/yG9ZX1FS20A
Didn't know aborigines could fatten up like that...
He obviously doesn't chase kangaroos any more.

Ken

You mean fencing to keep them out?

Seriously, if you are after good seedstock, I am your man. I can ship you a bale of 200 kangaroo tails, you plant them in the ground cut end down, water twice daily and after just 6 months pull on the tail and a full size roo will be on the end. I also do mini roos as well.

Ken

My boss has a couple of em skinned out laying over a chair in his office. About the softest fur you've ever felt. Thanking about making some boxers out of em to wear around the house.

wbvs58 said:
ALACOWMAN said:
HDRider said:
I could hear one of these played all the way across downtown Houston

https://youtu.be/yG9ZX1FS20A

Ken
Well, judging from all that stuff smeared all over, he's sure been wallerin in the mud after something..pretty sure he isn't an interior worker doing sheetrock work.

cowboy43 said:
Thinking about starting a new fad and selling my cows and getting kangaroos, what type of fencing will I need, what kind of working pens, how many can you run to the acre, can they be worked off horseback, how will I market them maybe through the local cattle auction. I have many unanswered questions and any advice would be appreciated. :cboy:
Get some good rowdy Saler cattle and cowboy them up good, that'll be an indicator about the kind of fence you need for the roos

Come down to my place, they are everywhere :)

We battle to keep them out.

Here is the thing with roos, standard fence heights for livestock can be cleared by even young roos *that are not under pressure*

1.2m for them is like us stepping up a step half ft high, so your going to need 1.8m +, but then, what you will find, is they are persistent and minus grey matter, and will then push under, or, they just keep pounding the same spot till whatever wire is there breaks eventually & they go through.

Yards would need to be boxing ring size, and you would need to be good with the gloves and defense & your take down, wear armour in your groin and stomach region as they can rip you open with claws, so good luck with that, TBH.

Seeing your prob not serious, above is a mix of truth and humour . You really do not want roos.

greybeard said:
wbvs58 said:
ALACOWMAN said:

Ken
Well, judging from all that stuff smeared all over, he's sure been wallerin in the mud after something..pretty sure he isn't an interior worker doing sheetrock work.

Gets a gig in some big opening ceromony about once every 4 years, that keeps him going with "bacca" and Coke and what gets mixed with it for him and the whole tribe.

Ken

greybeard said:
wbvs58 said:
ALACOWMAN said:

Ken
I wish I could get paid what he gets paid for playing my didgereedoo.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
greybeard said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken
I wish I could get paid what he gets paid for playing my didgereedoo.

Ken

I love ya'll words.

Houston many years ago had some kind of Aussie festival. They had a guy playing one of those things, maybe it was 10 feet or more long. I was on one end of the city, and could hear its eerie sound from the other side of town. The sound carried that distance over all the city sounds. A low bass tone. I followed it until I found it. I liked hearing it.