Question????????

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd talk to OKJeanne and see how the Murray Grey auction goes. I think that one is still ongoing. I'd see how that went and see what the interest level was like.

Personally, I might be interested in something like that. But i'd probably have to wait and see how it was run and accepted for a while before i jumped in.

Interesting concept! I don't think it is a bad idea although I do wonder if it would work better with horses than cows. Maybe even more exotic animals.

Would you want to buy an animal you haven't seen? You could be buying a pig in a poke, as you only have the word of the seller as to how good the animal is.

chrisy":1ieqc4td said:
Would you want to buy an animal you haven't seen? You could be buying a pig in a poke, as you only have the word of the seller as to how good the animal is.

My answer would of course be no, but I'm surprised by how some of these "Internet Production Sales" are really taking off. There are some big names, atleast in the Hereford breed, that have started having some of these. Also there are site like liveauctions.tv, etc.

DV auction is out there. Our sale barn is using it as well as buyers on the floor. Seems to be going well.
But...you have to take the cattle to the sale barn.
Team is an auction where you video your animals and sell them.
this is if I understood your question

There is Stampedecattle.com It does not work exactly like you listed. They still sell truckload lots, not small lots. There is a small fee to consign the cattle. The cattle are posted with your asking price. They remain on the board until someone meets your price or you decide to accept a lower offer or you decide to take them off.
I have never used them but I know several people who have. They have been happy with the service.

Quite a few purebred breeders are going towards this concept with online bidding available on "live" cattle auctions. I've participated on one, and a couple of things that I didn't like. 1) The video that's showing on the screen isn't actual time, so the animal you're seeing may have already been sold. It's confusing to see the video and read the text that shows what the bid actually is
2) You can't tell anything from the video.. the cameras arent' that good. So you'd better be buying a pedigree or have someone there to be your eyes.

It's a pretty cool concept! And will give you something to do on a rainy Saturday. :cboy:

Latest posts