question on cow going into labor

Help Support CattleToday:

cah

Reaction score
We have a cow that is due any day... the thing is she has been "looking" like she should have went weeks ago... she is soft in the back area and to me it looks like the calve could walk out... BUT she is showing no water bag or labor... she is staying with the rest of the herd and eating and drinking well.. every now and then esp when she is walking her tail will be on the side but not up like she is going into labor... should I be worried or just let nature take its course..?

her water broke today at 12:30.... we ended up calling the vet at 4... she pushed for a while off and on but nothing... vet had to pull.. she had a healthy 90 lb bull calve... he was big but her third calve... all is good he is up and nursing. Thanks for the infor.... I guess I was getting tired of watching her but just had a bad feeling about her. she is a great momma

cah":qgdlinqq said:
her water broke today at 12:30.... we ended up calling the vet at 4... she pushed for a while off and on but nothing... vet had to pull.. she had a healthy 90 lb bull calve... he was big but her third calve... all is good he is up and nursing. Thanks for the infor.... I guess I was getting tired of watching her but just had a bad feeling about her. she is a great momma

I think we deserve a picture for the angst....:)

I would love to post a pic but I am not sure how to do so on this forum...??

Latest posts