Question for Warmer Climate People?

Help Support CattleToday:

My guest house??? I reckon it would be made my removing a few round bales out of the barn and letting them bed down between bales. Would definitely have to be "no smoking zone".

Actually we're in the process of building a 16x20 log one room cabin on the backside in the woods but it's more for us to sort of escape and relax than for guests.

mnmtranching":2u11lxke said:
What is the current status of your guest house? :help:

Unfortunately no vacancies till end of January, but Christmas 2009 is still available.

mnmtranching":2hkarln2 said:
Seriously???? Last winter you promised to take BossLady, MM and I to Florida for the winter, I think I had CKC talked into coming. MM spent her summer in all kinds of unpleasant activities trying to raise money for the trip, I spent it renovationg the bus and painting it first purple then cammo (when you protested the purple saying we could not evade the cops with a purple bus) and now you are asking whose house we can stay in?? :eek: I even painted the chicken trailor!! :nod:

Sheesh....

angie":3uakoxt9 said:
mnmtranching":3uakoxt9 said:
Seriously???? Last winter you promised to take BossLady, MM and I to Florida for the winter, I think I had CKC talked into coming. MM spent her summer in all kinds of unpleasant activities trying to raise money for the trip, I spent it renovationg the bus and painting it first purple then cammo (when you protested the purple saying we could not evade the cops with a purple bus) and now you are asking whose house we can stay in?? :eek: I even painted the chicken trailor!! :nod:

Sheesh....

How far apart do you, mnmt and MM live from each other? Have you ever met in person?

For the right price you can have MY house!!! :lol:

I have got to go see a man come next week, He has a 9,500 square Feet house heated! I am sure he might find some room!

angie":2umzr1n8 said:
mnmtranching":2umzr1n8 said:

Sheesh....

I'm going to New Mexico. :D

We are still swatting skeeters in the afternoon. Not nearly as many but they are still out.

mnmtranching":1rppkett said:
What is the current status of your guest house?

Which one?

Grannysoo, Guest? We may have some mix up in definition. :? Does this mean we would have to supply some of our own food?
TxB, kinda small, 16X20 but we'll take it. Let us know if you have it ready by ONE JAN. :D

KNERSIE, Now we have options, could you send a plane?

Lammie, As long as no one wants to rack em up. :oops:

Angie, Trust me on this. :cowboy: We'll save money. :nod:

KNERSIE, We live in the same neck of the woods, BL and I have got to know Angie and Jim. MM and us will meet at the sale barn sooner or later.

Auburn, 9500 ft sound GOOD, heated is nice. :welcome: Is there a butler and maids?

Hillbilly, MAN :shock: This thread was for WARMER climate folks. :roll:

MM, Ain't no use going unless it's warmer, AND cheaper then staying home. :drink:

Jogeephus":37tqssos said:
We are still swatting skeeters in the afternoon. Not nearly as many but they are still out.

mnmtranching":37tqssos said:
What is the current status of your guest house?

Which one?

HEY Joe, South Georgia sounds good, we're not choosey, but tell us the options and services. :clap:

mnmtranching":3qw4md1y said:
MM, Ain't no use going unless it's warmer, AND cheaper then staying home. :drink:
Speak for yourself! I'll take cheap for sure, but it is a bonus ~ not a requirement! :nod:
You are taking your lovely wife as well as MM and I ~ you may as well get your checkbook out. :drink:

Angus Cowman":1mv89anb said:
Jo can dun and I come down I would really like to see yur mancave and I promise I will feed the cows fo ya Might even bring down some more imbalancers

Anytime! I know Dun's been wanting to pick up some fire ants so he can start raising some up there. No need to feed the cows now as they are on the green stuff. Unless ya'll want to pick up a dibble or do some hunting about the only other thing to do would be to watch dvd's in the mancave and try our hands at pure and utter slothfulness. :nod:

mnmtranching":1mv89anb said:
HEY Joe, South Georgia sounds good, we're not choosey, but tell us the options and services.

Got several houses scattered about with differing ammenities. Some with dirt floors and some with wood but very few with electricity. :lol2: Course, if you don't like roughing it there are other options. Services? While I pay quite a bit on taxes I've yet to figure out how to get these services people speak of. When I do, I'll let you know.

BTW, my son just back from Colorado and he helped me the other morning. Temp was 34. He said he would prefer 6 degrees in Colorado over our 34 any day. He said something about you can at least get warm by wearing jackets there whereas here the wetness just bites into you. Never experienced any other kind of cold than here so I don't know but did think it was interesting.

I think you guys should stop thinking about going south so badly from what I'm seeing, come north!, sits around 34F in the day, maybe 28 at night.. sounds a lot better than what you "southern folk" have got going for you