Question for Pig Hunters

Help Support CattleToday:

lynnmcmahan":3h3riqy6 said:
Calman":3h3riqy6 said:
I have noticed that the hogs here have started to be more aggressive and not as wild as usual.
Don't really know the reason. Maybe because of the expanding population.
They come and go,but at times it's nothing to see two or three herds with twenty or thirty in each herd (and thats not counting the little pigs) on our south Ranch.

Cal

I would love to walk you place with my 12ga Benelli loaded w/000 bucks 3" mags. Here piggy, piggy, piggy
My hubby would love to do that, too! Hogs are something he's never had an opportunity to hunt.

I would love to walk you place with my 12ga Benelli loaded w/000 bucks 3" mags. Here piggy, piggy, piggy[/quote]
My hubby would love to do that, too! Hogs are something he's never had an opportunity to hunt.[/quote]

Kathie, never look at it as an opportunity. They are the most destructive animal in the US. They do damage to both crops, grazing and wildlife.
Kill them all, but that is impossible.

kenny thomas":7fq6mls5 said:
I would love to walk you place with my 12ga Benelli loaded w/000 bucks 3" mags. Here piggy, piggy, piggy
My hubby would love to do that, too! Hogs are something he's never had an opportunity to hunt.[/quote]

Kathie, never look at it as an opportunity. They are the most destructive animal in the US. They do damage to both crops, grazing and wildlife.
Kill them all, but that is impossible.[/quote]
Kenny, I say "opportunity" because we don't have the varmints here. There's not much my hubby enjoys more than gunpowder and lead. He is not happy that some of those opps for adventures he'd still like to have are getting to be less likely with age. . . . . . :(

Well I am sure Boogie and I could ship you some pig's and a five gallon bucket of fire ant's.
You could learn to do the fire ant shuffle while cussing the carpet bombing your hayfield took last night.

Caustic Burno":z213vzsu said:
Well I am sure Boogie and I could ship you some pig's and a five gallon bucket of fire ant's.
You could learn to do the fire ant shuffle while cussing the carpet bombing your hayfield took last night.

Thanks for your generous offer, CB. I'd rather just send him to you for a week!

Caustic Burno":1v98z3ui said:
I want to share, if you have 100 hog's you only have to kill 78 a year to stay at 100.
You will be lucky if you get 25.
Well, even if I was to consider that . . . . I think the fish cops might object. We already have wolves on the table.

hooknline":23qojk2b said:
Speed is needed to get thru the shield or the skull. I put a full 15 round clip of 9mm into a boar that we surprised while on a stalk. Not one of those stopped him. It took a 12g with 00 to put it down.
He went about 380 lbs.

this is all you need to know about a 9mm......

tsmaxx47":ughhhuj0 said:
hooknline":ughhhuj0 said:
Speed is needed to get thru the shield or the skull. I put a full 15 round clip of 9mm into a boar that we surprised while on a stalk. Not one of those stopped him. It took a 12g with 00 to put it down.
He went about 380 lbs.

this is all you need to know about a 9mm......

They aren't the right round for that application that's for sure. But it's what I had handy.

Over the last six years or so I couldn't even begin to count the number of hogs that has been brought down with my 308.I have taken them down with just about every rifle I have exept my 22lr and 22mag.Even the 22hornet works good.I am now playing with a 7.62x54 mosin sniper rifle.So far a 350 yard shot.With it I can get a shot at a distance and they don't even know I'm around. I've found over the past several years that a shot just about an inch below the ear with a 30 cal will drop them where they stand,but with the 22 hornet they run a little before they drop.
When we were building a cattle pen and fencing in lots,in the total 3 months we were there we trapped and shot 72 hogs.

Cal

There's a boy about 20 miles down the road in the next town. He is catching , penning, feeding, breeding the dang things then turning them loose in another guys orange grove. So far my buddy has trapped 30 or better.
Guy doing the dumping thinks he's recreating how own little hunting reserve without fences.

hooknline":ue403a15 said:
There's a boy about 20 miles down the road in the next town. He is catching , penning, feeding, breeding the dang things then turning them loose in another guys orange grove. So far my buddy has trapped 30 or better.
Guy doing the dumping thinks he's recreating how own little hunting reserve without fences.

Besides being illegal here that would be justified homicide.

Calman":24f9efes said:
Over the last six years or so I couldn't even begin to count the number of hogs that has been brought down with my 308.I have taken them down with just about every rifle I have exept my 22lr and 22mag.Even the 22hornet works good.I am now playing with a 7.62x54 mosin sniper rifle.So far a 350 yard shot.With it I can get a shot at a distance and they don't even know I'm around. I've found over the past several years that a shot just about an inch below the ear with a 30 cal will drop them where they stand,but with the 22 hornet they run a little before they drop.
When we were building a cattle pen and fencing in lots,in the total 3 months we were there we trapped and shot 72 hogs.

Cal

Cal I have killed a pile with a 22mag ,it is alway's on the mule if you can draw the X out to 75 yards it will take them out. It is not my prefered round as I prefer 44 Mag or 45-70, but I am in much thicker country than you.

Those are dumb hogs kingfisher. Probably been run down with dogs for ao long it's all they can do to stand up.
Cb, it's illegal here too but this guy is a moron

hooknline":20njkjhf said:
Those are dumb hogs kingfisher. Probably been run down with dogs for ao long it's all they can do to stand up.
Cb, it's illegal here too but this guy is a moron

Yea that TV show is crap from jump street.

These here can run like a deer and will fight a buzz saw.
Two way's to take them out triangler crossfire and clay pigeon's.

Deepsouth":ypc8wnn6 said:
That's a good story CP. How about a picture of the man killer.
No can do... I don't carry a camera when I leave the house because I can take fuzzy pictures of my thumb right here in my chair and I don't carry my phone at the ranch since it's no good there.
Hoss posted a pig pic around here somewhere today. Look at that, add about a hundred pounds and make it pitch black with a welt up the side of the head and you'll get the idea.

I've killed several with a 22 lr shoot them in the ear and they die pretty quick . I've be run up trees . I had one sit under a tree for a hour trying to get me . I had caught a baby and put him in my shirt . When she started squalling momma came to the rescue . I had to drop the pig to get her to leave .

Latest posts