Question for people who know about freeze branding

Help Support CattleToday:

salamandermilk

Reaction score
Hello! I do not own any cattle of any animals, but im interested in freeze branding because it turns the hair white.
For the people that do this on animals, would u have any idea id this would work on humans? Does the hair decrease in thickness or strength? How thick is a cow/ horses skin compared to the scalp?
Do not worry, i am not gunna do this on myself! Or anyone else for that matter. If i try anything, it will not be on the scalp first, it might be on my leg. That will be after lots of research and after years though. Right now im just curious.

If anyone sees this and replies, Thankyou. I cant seem to find much info on this.

It's a troll that just joined today.
Gotta say I didn't realize that i would look like a troll when i posted this 🤣 but no, im not a troll. Im just someone interested in extreme body modification, and this is the place that I thought of looking for this specific subject.
Sorry if i freaked anyone out!

Are you male or female or other? Do you have hairy legs to try it on. It would have the same effect as on cattle except the time to hold the brand on may vary due to the different skin. Dry ice gives more consistent results in my experience than liquid N. Remember it is the hair that turns white. You would have to trial the time. I use 60 seconds with dry ice with my branding a get reasonable results.

Ken

I have a friend who tried hot branding himself on a very drunk night. Made up his own iron with a clothes hangar-but forgot to reverse the pattern. Heated it on the electric stove. Ended up with a giant backwards keloid that looked like hamburger on his upper arm.
Some things aren't meant to be done to people, even if it was done in the past.

Are you male or female or other? Do you have hairy legs to try it on. It would have the same effect as on cattle except the time to hold the brand on may vary due to the different skin. Dry ice gives more consistent results in my experience than liquid N. Remember it is the hair that turns white. You would have to trial the time. I use 60 seconds with dry ice with my branding a get reasonable results.

Ken
Do you shave the spot down tight? Dry ice and 99% alcohol?
Thanks Scott

Do you shave the spot down tight? Dry ice and 99% alcohol?
Thanks Scott
Yep, I think the closer you shave the better the results. I use what we call Methylated spirits, I think it is a combination of methanol and ethanol. I spray the area with the metho wetting it well before applying the brand.

Ken

In the video the branding iron was applied for 20 seconds.
Given the thinness of human skin I would think 6-8 seconds would be more than enough and the longer applied the thicker and uglier the scarring would become.

There's probably all kinds of info on this in a back dingy corner of a Holocaust museum somewhere. The Nazis kept meticulous records of what they did to other human beings..
I hate to say it, but that actually might be a good place to look…

Ken
Thankyou ken! Ive seen people saying to do it for 6-10 seconds for human skin. And hypothetically doing it on the scalp would be very different since there is barely any meat. It would probably be very dangerous too.
Thanks for your reply

My rancher neighbor and I were friends for 40 years. After the central Texas forest fire of 2011 we both moved into the calf hospital because all the houses in the whole countryside had burned up. I used to joke if we ever got married I would get the family brand branded on my left hip like a cow.

Well, a couple of years ago this 65 year old never married cowboy asked me to marry him. Do you know how rare that is? Ole cowboys usually shy away from the double harness. So now I am going to put my money where my mouth is. I'm going to get the RockingM tattooed on my backside. In pinkish white so it will look like a brand.

Latest posts