Question for Medical Professionals

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Those of yall working in the medical field, are yall actually worried about the coronavirus effecting you?

I know the big picture is concerning but is this really concerning to yall individually? I would think yall deal with all kinds of stuff like this all the time. I would be far more concerned by blood born pathogens and permanent stuff of that nature than this virus.

Had a chat to a doctor about this, he is not worried at all, said he knows he will see it and get it but nothing to worry about. He is however extremely concerned for his older patients who have severe medical issues. He said many he has seen for twenty years will struggle to survive it. He had urged them to isolate until there is a vaccine. A tough call either way.

I am very closely related to a physician and yes there is concern. As more is learned about it that will help. The biggest problem/concern is lack of protective equipment and tests as well as turn around time on testing. You see a patient today and have to wait 3-4 days for results so you don't know your exposure. How contagious is it truly is the big concern and question. It can be very bad for older/compromised individuals.

Equally as difficult is the increased workload as everyone wants answers, tests and work notes none of which are readily available. Be patient folks. It is not that they don't want to help but their resources are limited at this time.

SmokinM said:
I am very closely related to a physician and yes there is concern. As more is learned about it that will help. The biggest problem/concern is lack of protective equipment and tests as well as turn around time on testing. You see a patient today and have to wait 3-4 days for results so you don't know your exposure. How contagious is it truly is the big concern and question. It can be very bad for older/compromised individuals.

Equally as difficult is the increased workload as everyone wants answers, tests and work notes none of which are readily available. Be patient folks. It is not that they don't want to help but their resources are limited at this time.
Is your "physician" worried about bringing it home? You are kinda in the area where there are some positive results aren't you

Yes she is, doing what we can but life goes on. Not visiting her parents anytime soon. Positive tests in counties all around but just a few. Not like the beach and northern VA yet thank God.

From my understanding it takes so long for a test result as they have to grow the dna on the swab and then analyse it for virus dna. The medium they use to grow it in is in very short supply. They are working around the clock to produce reliable tests that are faster. I think everyone except Singaporean was caught on the wrong foot here. They were prepared after the last few viruses.

We have a respiratory therapist on here. Can't remember who it is but I hope they add to this:

Latest posts