Question for Administrator

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Any chance to set the message default at "Newest Messages First" rather than oldest first? Think most people are interested in the latest post. If you want to see the "history" of the message, then you could go to the "Oldest first." Slightly irritating to have to scroll down and select "newest first" and wait for page to re-setup. Thanks.

Bill go easy on the the site and take the time to scroll down, we don't want to ruffle any feathers and have the message board pulled from this site like it was on the ITLA site.

Guest":2u33wind said:
Bill go easy on the the site and take the time to scroll down, we don't want to ruffle any feathers and have the message board pulled from this site like it was on the ITLA site.

Ok... :roll:
Off the record...lol...think was some politics and vested interests happening on ITLA board. Probably why TLBAA never came up with one... :?

Why was the itla board pulled?.. politics and control.. pure and simple.. looking more like TLBAA everyday

:idea: Why not just click on the little piece of paper by the poster's name in the "Last Post" column? It takes you to the last post in the topic.

The Cattle Today Q&A Boards are not going anywhere. I enjoy reading the posts too much!

I agree there was some politics and some postings that didn't belong on the ITLA website, but because of one individual we all have to pay the price. I admit that I did not post on the message board but I did enjoy reading the post. I think it had great potential to be a good information source. I for one sure do miss it, at least I knew when new cattle were entered into the Sale Pen and it made me visit the site much more often to see if there were new messages posted.

Most of the boards have a large number of lurkers (none posters) that just enjoy reading the information/opinions/etc.
This forum is a perfect example of how many people view but never post

dun

guest":32o7jhr7 said:
I agree there was some politics and some postings that didn't belong on the ITLA website, but because of one individual we all have to pay the price. I admit that I did not post on the message board but I did enjoy reading the post. I think it had great potential to be a good information source. I for one sure do miss it, at least I knew when new cattle were entered into the Sale Pen and it made me visit the site much more often to see if there were new messages posted.

That is SOOOOO convenient. Here i have been clicking on the last page and scrolling down. Not that that was terribly inconvenient but this is good to know.

Since Dun was good enough to educate us as to the definition of a "lurker", I was wondering is there was a corresponding word to describe someone who seems obsessed with responding to every single post that hits the board. Just wondering.

D.R. Cattle":33pgtiav said:
But boy when she does decide to pop in..she gets chat happy.
That is OK. Her friends are probaly interested in about every thing that we do not want our 15 and 16 year old daughters to be interested in at
that age. At least, I would expect she is at home helping take care of the animals and giving us a hard time.
Ellie Mae, just do a little research on some of this stuff and help everyone to understand some of this stuff better, like you could have helped me on
explaining marbling better, all you would have to do is some research.
There is a couple of college students that has written in for some help on a couple of subjects. You might could help them and yourself also. Get serious and you may be looking at a college scholarship in something that you are interested in.

I believe that was a shot aimed at me. Oh well, so be it!
I would suggest to lurkers, that if you have something to contribute, do it. Very few folks on this board will give you too much crapoola if the disagree. That's the beuaty of these forum, so many different few points, even unpopular ones should be posted. Macon isn't going to shut down any conversations even if they aren't of any real significants.

dun

Hawk":1uyjnoyt said:
I was wondering is there was a corresponding word to describe someone who seems obsessed with responding to every single post that hits the board. Just wondering.

dun":2yqfuful said:
I believe that was aimed at me. Oh well.

dun

Could have been me.

Hawk":2yqfuful said:
I was wondering is there was a corresponding word to describe someone who seems obsessed with responding to every single post that hits the board. Just wondering.

could have been aimed at me too although i dont post as much as i used to.

Heck, I've always liked whippin' the arse of old men with questions, especially about cattle and just overall ranch living! I really miss the 84 yr old man across the street from me who sold me my land, I used to go over there and talk with him for hrs upon hrs. My wife thinks I talked him to death, but after the funeral, both of his kids came up and told me that he was always telling them how much he enjoyed the chats we would have, and I enjoyed learning from his wealth of knowledge from living on a ranch for 84 yrs. 84 yrs old and still worked cattle on 200 acres, only help he had was a Mexican he had working for him and I would help him put up hay every once in awhile.

Does anyone else ever try to put a face/body with the members? I picture Dun like this old man, dark skinned from always being outside, kinda smallish frame and tough as nails! Am I close?

Latest posts