Question About Pasture Rental

Help Support CattleToday:

mudfork

Reaction score
I am located in the mountains of SW Virginia. My pastures are a good mix of clover, timothy, fescue :mad: , bluegrass, ryegrass, and orchard grass. I have about 30 acres of fields divided into 5 paddocks with tire waterers. The real plus in our area is that during a normal summer, the fields will remain green and the clover active. All that to ask this. What is a fair per head daily rate for leasing the pastures? The time frame would be from April to October.

mudfork":3gfymtdj said:
I am located in the mountains of SW Virginia. My pastures are a good mix of clover, timothy, fescue :mad: , bluegrass, ryegrass, and orchard grass. I have about 30 acres of fields divided into 5 paddocks with tire waterers. The real plus in our area is that during a normal summer, the fields will remain green and the clover active. All that to ask this. What is a fair per head daily rate for leasing the pastures? The time frame would be from April to October.
are they pairs or feeders or just bred cows
these are the prices we get around here

bred cows -$10 pr hd pr month

Pairs-$12.50 pr hd pr month w/calves upto 250Lbs over 250lbs add $1.00

feeders-$9.00 pr hd pr month

MF,

Sure wish we could find a deal like what has been posted on this thread around here. We are looking for pasture rental for a few head (pairs). Hard to come by around here.

Farmgirl

I am in SW VA also and in my area I see it range from $5 per head for poor pasture to as much as $18 with that being the landowner takes care of everything except mineral. Where are you I might need some more pasture?

All of our land is leased by the year for around $20/acre/year. Since you're talking about the whole grazing season, I wouldn't think it would be any less. With good water, good grass, and good fencing, might be more.

Latest posts