Question about bottle feeding

Help Support CattleToday:

chadreed88

Reaction score
I've been bottling 2 calves due to problems with the cows and thought about buying about 4 more to raise and sell at weaning weight. My question is what is the easiest and fastest way to mix up this much milk (12 quarts each feeding)? Currently I'm feeding out of bottles but will probably change to buckets if I get some more. ANy kind of device that will mix this milk replacer good? Thanks for any advice.

when i was bottle feeding calves id mix up 3 bottles of milk in a 12qt bucket.an pour them in the bottles.

Workinonit Farm":38e24jpo said:
Running Arrow Bill":38e24jpo said:
Use a paint mixer on an electric drill to mix the replacer.
That's how its done where I work, when there's more than 2 calves to bottle. It works very well.
Katherine
Power tools?? How cool is that? :nod:
I just use a wisk in a 5 gallon bucket, then stir with my hand up to my elbow as I have found there is sometimes ..... sediment (?) when I get to the botttom of the bucket. You probably know this, but make sure to clean whatever you use as soon as you are done, and buckets or bottles always have a name written on them ~ no one uses someone elses. Good luck!! I love bottle babies.

angie":2ofmso0j said:
Workinonit Farm":2ofmso0j said:
Running Arrow Bill":2ofmso0j said:
Use a paint mixer on an electric drill to mix the replacer.
That's how its done where I work, when there's more than 2 calves to bottle. It works very well.
Katherine
Power tools?? How cool is that? :nod:
I just use a wisk in a 5 gallon bucket, then stir with my hand up to my elbow as I have found there is sometimes ..... sediment (?) when I get to the botttom of the bucket. You probably know this, but make sure to clean whatever you use as soon as you are done, and buckets or bottles always have a name written on them ~ no one uses someone elses. Good luck!! I love bottle babies.

LOL! I thought I was the only one who used their whole arm to stir the milk! The calves are usually pretty happy to clean me off though.

Latest posts