Queen of Country

Help Support CattleToday:

I think Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn are still my favorite female country singers. Depends on my mood as to which places number one on a given day.

I'm afraid nobody is going to fill their shoes as far as in mainstream "country music". Those days are likely behind us.
Loretta Lynn was from around 100 miles east of here. Her music was truly unique and authentic. She represented her KY mountain heritage well, and will always be remembered and beloved by KY.
Mainstream country music ain't been country for a while, more like some kind of pop music, that doesn't have any heart or realness just polished vocals.

I recall several years ago Gretchen Wilson and Kelly Clarkson got into a fight over who was the original female redneck county music star. I laughed out loud when Reba McIntyre put them both down by saying neither had anything on Loretta Lynn. Redneck and classy. A beautiful lady from the first day to the last.

The biggest problem with country music today. Not really a shortage of traditional country artist out there ,as there is shortage of traditional country fans ..

I need to get out more. I've never heard of Sunny Sweeney or Bonnie Bishop. Last time I purchased an album of any kind, was still 8-track and vinyl. Never purchased a cassette or CD.
The kids did get hooked up with Pandora a couple years ago and bought me a nice bluetooth speaker, waterproof and impact resistant because Dad is rough on electronics.

I'll be listening to Sunny and Bonnie at sunrise Saturday morning. Thanks, Rafter.

Cowman, you are correct; I guess it's a generational change that occurs. My kids still listen to the music I grew up with, but they also listen to some modern "country" that should not be called country. Some of it is really good, and some really bad. I suppose I need to broaden my horizon.

I need to get out more. I've never heard of Sunny Sweeney or Bonnie Bishop. Last time I purchased an album of any kind, was still 8-track and vinyl. Never purchased a cassette or CD.
The kids did get hooked up with Pandora a couple years ago and bought me a nice bluetooth speaker, waterproof and impact resistant because Dad is rough on electronics.

I'll be listening to Sunny and Bonnie at sunrise Saturday morning. Thanks, Rafter.

Cowman, you are correct; I guess it's a generational change that occurs. My kids still listen to the music I grew up with, but they also listen to some modern "country" that should not be called country. Some of it is really good, and some really bad. I suppose I need to broaden my horizon.
When I hear a steel and fiddle in it , I might broaden mine..

My deer camp is like that. Very narrow and steep, in the bottom of a north/south hollow. Leaves us a lot of time around the campfire to solve the worlds problems.
My daughter lives in Farmington Arkansas and there is some mountains around there.

Eastern KY mountains as I am in the mountains, but not quiet to this extreme.

2010-06-06+%4018-13-21.jpg

My daughter lives in Farmington Arkansas and there is some mountains around there.

Eastern KY mountains as I am in the mountains, but not quiet to this extreme.
Is that picture from the The Breaks, or Cumberland Gap? I can picture that several places.
We live about 35 miles from the Red River Gorge area, and seems like all the time it's on the news that people get lost hiking or fall over cliffs.

Be sure to let me know what you think.

She came a long ways up from Butcher Hollow. I have been through there and the sun comes up around 10AM and goes down around 2PM.
No joke there..I went up too Oneida TN. To help someone move back home..went across the mountain and looked down in a hollow, there was some homes, that I know couldn't get but a couple hours sunshine at best..and the old saying.. you have to pump sunshine in,came to life..

Latest posts