Quarterback sav

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
Does anyone have any quarterback calves hitting the ground or expect any this spring? I saw him as he was being weaned and at the sale. I thought he was a gem, just a freak of a bull. Before I purchased semen I was going to see if anyone has any first hand experience

We have 3 on the ground. We just sampled some when we swapped semen.

They're too young (2 weeks) to really say much and I haven't noticed them really amongst others. But I'll be driving thru the calves tomorrow and I'll see if I can get a couple pics.

NEFarmwife said:

They're too young (2 weeks) to really say much and I haven't noticed them really amongst others. But I'll be driving thru the calves tomorrow and I'll see if I can get a couple pics.

I noticed that Schaff has some at Scott Angus in your backyard. I'd get lost over there and give us an update

LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:

I noticed that Schaff has some at Scott Angus in your backyard. I'd get lost over there and give us an update

We're blessed to see some of SAVs offspring before many others get the opportunity to. But in saying that, if you've never met the Scotts, I know for certain they'd take you thru them if you ever dropped in. SAV is very lucky to have Scotts helping raise their cattle. They're good advocates of the program and the best people.

NEFarmwife said:
LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:

We're blessed to see some of SAVs offspring before many others get the opportunity to. But in saying that, if you've never met the Scotts, I know for certain they'd take you thru them if you ever dropped in. SAV is very lucky to have Scotts helping raise their cattle. They're good advocates of the program and the best people.

I'm sure that they are, I was really impressed by Kelly Schaff and the time that he took with us. We are by no means a large Operation.
In fact, I would probably say that many on these forums and cattleman in general are very nice people.

Kelly has a great program. But for what America brought. It makes me nervous at what semen cost are going to start being.

gizmom said:
We just flushed our SAV Abigale 913 cow to Quarterback, but won't be putting the eggs in until 2020.

Gizmom

I think his calves will be gems.

Only having 3 makes it difficult to locate amongst the rest. I've walked thru them twice but if they ain't sniffling, panting, drooping, or laying flat... I ain't walking their way.

I'll get you some pics when I can.

Latest posts