Quality Flatbed trailer brands?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
K getting ready to buy a flatbed trailer dovetail want 10k axles but may settle for 7. Need to know what brands to look for and what brands to stay away from please. Used is fine. Any options you'd wished you purchased with it or thought was a waste?

My previous dual tandem was a Moritz International, very nice trailer and a friend of mine is still using it today. I bought a new Load Trail with 12k's and a hydraulic dove last year, and I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Has a horrible vibration at 35 mph and overall QC is hit and miss. SmokinM from here just got the same in a Diamond C and I'm beginning to think I should have done the same.

Like Cfpinz said I just bought a 12 ton Diamond C and it is hands down all they advertise them as and the best trailer I have owned. They are pricey though, I use mine everyday and that is the only way I can justify the money. I also have a 7 ton Delta and a 10 ton Kaufman. I have had several of the Kaufman/ Kraftsman brand and had nothing but great service from them. I thought the Delta would be a step up but was probably a lateral move at best.

Not sure your exact location but if you are close to North Carolina a Kaufman or Kraftsman is hard to beat for the money and you can pick them up factory direct pretty reasonable. They are basically the same trailer.

I bought a cornpro at the beginning of spring. 25+5 with 12k lb axles. I've been very pleased. I like the kaufman trailers as well. Local guy 5 minutes up the road sells corn pro and has done business with my grandfather for years. Would have bought a kaufman if not for that. Can't go wrong with either one.

Cornpro has a great reputation that trailer should serve you well.

Did you end up buying one Dixie?

PJ is a great brand very well built. Pricey like most quality products. Really can't say enough good things about my Diamond C. From how it is built to how it pulls I have been nothing but impressed.

Anyone have any knowledge of PJ Trailers?
My father has an older PJ and it's been a great trailer, only real complaint is the back end is too close to the ground and drags a lot. It's got to be getting close to 20 years old, and the paint job is still fairly decent.

I priced the trailer I was looking for from PJ, Load Trail and Diamond C. The latter two were so close the difference was negligible depending on the particular dealer. PJ was consistently 3k or so higher than the other 2. PJ uses 5" diameter lift cylinders on their hydraulic doves, whereas the other 2 use 3" diameter cylinders - though they use a different attachment distance from the pivot so there's no gain in strength/lift time. I've read of more than one account of the cylinder support frame buckling on PJ's for what it's worth. That along with the extra money up front eliminated them from my search.

Long story short, I'm not interested in one of their hydraulic doves, but a flatdeck or standard dovetail would be a contender if the price were right.

They are pricey though, I use mine everyday and that is the only way I can justify the money. I also have a 7 ton Delta and a 10 ton Kaufman.
SmokinM: so I am circling back to getting a trailer after some set backs.. Im really leaning towards a Kaufman 30ft. We won't use our daily but hard enough (hauling hay equipment etc) that it needs to be sturdy. Anything should I should be aware of when ordering or options you wished you'd order since you use yours frequently. Much appreciated on everyone's earlier input. I'll post a pic once we get it.

SmokinM: so I am circling back to getting a trailer after some set backs.. Im really leaning towards a Kaufman 30ft. We won't use our daily but hard enough (hauling hay equipment etc) that it needs to be sturdy. Anything should I should be aware of when ordering or options you wished you'd order since you use yours frequently. Much appreciated on everyone's earlier input. I'll post a pic once we get it.
Check out a Kiefer Manufacturing. Built to your specs if you want something different. I will deliver.

Me personally I prefer stand up ramps and a flip up self cleaning dove to any kind of mega-ramp etc. Only exception to that is if you load narrow or odd width equipment. If you are ordering one and can afford the hydraulic disc brakes they take stopping to a whole new level. Either order with 14 ply tires or as you replace them upgrade to those. Otherwise for basic farm use I think what Kaufman builds will serve you well. I have never seen a Keifer built flatbed but they build a nice stock trailer so wouldn't be afraid to try one. Any other questions I will be glad to try and answer.

Elite is a quality trailer, give some thought to the x bracing, and the hubs, grease or oil, depending on your needs. You can legally haul as much with a tri axle as you can with a pair of tandems, and have 2 less tires to maintain. Just have to be a little more careful on you turns not to slide the tires, ymmv.

Latest posts