Qail, Pheasant, Grouse hunters.

Help Support CattleToday:

Nope your wrong. I am exactly like the rest of the 7.8 billion people here on earth. Including you.

We might not all speak the same language, be the same color, same sex etc... but basically the same.

Your not offending me. I like am sure like billions of others agree with alot of what you are saying.

And your not just pretty sure in your statement that we are all at fault including your self. Your 100 % right. And since you your self admits that includes you.

I am not being sarcastic or disrespectful by asking you this. How are you including yourself going to get 7.8 billion people to do whatever it would take to change things in order to stop the destruction of the planet's echo system ?

Your not the only person on earth that has the attitude of being mad at the world sort of speak.

My opinion for what little its worth. The world will heal it's self through things like drought, famine, disease etc...., This chunk of rock and dirt we call earth has been around for billions of years. There has been numerous species of animals that has went extinct already.

There is a good possibility with the technology we have now. Earth could get destroyed itself.
From what I have found out by 25 years of research and necropsying over 500 wild and domestic animals, it has become fairly clear that humans and all the other animals will have much longer to exist if just two highly used, extremely cell disrupting pesticides were immediately banned. Those two types of pesticides are neonicotinoids and Glyphosate Based Herbicides. Those two work synergistically to kill and maim animals, including humans, at a much higher rate than either alone. So much of both types is used all over the world that there is no place on Earth that is not being highly contaminated. For example, the white-tailed deer researchers that tested spleens of deer in Michigan found high levels of imidacloprid in deer from forested areas far from fields, which is no surprise to me. Banning neonicotinoids and glyphosate based herbicides doesn't seem like it should be very hard to do. It would not only save millions of newborn humans from birth defects and death, it would save cattle and other livestock owners millions of dollars in loss of livestock and lack of weight gain.

From what I have found out by 25 years of research and necropsying over 500 wild and domestic animals, it has become fairly clear that humans and all the other animals will have much longer to exist if just two highly used, extremely cell disrupting pesticides were immediately banned. Those two types of pesticides are neonicotinoids and Glyphosate Based Herbicides. Those two work synergistically to kill and maim animals, including humans, at a much higher rate than either alone. So much of both types is used all over the world that there is no place on Earth that is not being highly contaminated. For example, the white-tailed deer researchers that tested spleens of deer in Michigan found high levels of imidacloprid in deer from forested areas far from fields, which is no surprise to me. Banning neonicotinoids and glyphosate based herbicides doesn't seem like it should be very hard to do. It would not only save millions of newborn humans from birth defects and death, it would save cattle and other livestock owners millions of dollars in loss of livestock and lack of weight gain.
Both of thoes types of chemicals are used alot. Seems like you see qlyphostate warnings on TV all of the time about and class action law suits wanting to take your case if you have developed cancer and so forth from using it.

But that hasn't slowed down its use. I know what your saying J Hoy and agree something should be done.

I forget the chemical that's in grazon but know once applied to the soil its there to stay for years.

Finding and knowing the destruction these chemicals has on the environment is the easy part. Getting the use of them stopped is probably not ever going to happen I am sad to say.

I think it's because of the money these owners of these big chemical corporations make.

People like that don't care about others or the future of the planet. There are billions of people who would choose the earths environment over money in a heart beat. Unfortunately thoes billions are going to be the poor people.

It's sad but true I think.

Are they scaled quail ?
Bobwhites. Those look like mainly females so the black and white is not as pronounced. You can see the couple males with the better color. They are younger birds that's why they came back out in front of me. That area can have up to 3 hatches a year with the right conditions.

Thank you for bringing this up and I will Google these topics like you reccomend.

I think you might be under estimating just how many people are as concerned about what is happening as you are.

I think alot of people myself included aren't aware of imidacloprid and it's destruction that it is causing.

I have never heard of that before now. And i am sure you are probably right about everything you have said about it.

Except for you thinking there aren't as many people as you think that are every bit as concerned about what is happening as you and I are.

Exspecially when it comes to hunters or out door enthusiasts. The American indians were both Hunter gathers and would die to protect their Mother earth. For generations they passed their way of life down to their children and by doing so. Man and nature lived in harmony together.

But something has happened that has and is changing all of that. Personally I could name alot of things that are at fault. But there isn't anything I can do about it. Nor do I beleave can anyone else can do anything to change the direction we are headed.

The reason i say this is because the world has 7.8 billion people living on it. I think it would be hard to find 10 people out of thoes 7.8 billion who could agree 100 % on subjects like wether or not we should be using imidacloprid. Or any other things that are causing destruction to the world we are living in.

I was reading a post in here where some said that the unabomer might not have been as wrong in his way of thinking as people might have thought he was.

Personally I think that post was right. Not that I think that the Unabomber was right for planting mail bombs.

I know he was off in the head for doing that. But I think he was right in thinking that technology is going to be the destruction of society. And eventually the world itself.

I have said more than once the younger generation doesn't see what is happening because they don't know how things were even 50 years ago. They can't compare now to then. If they could they would be able to understand things are getting bad instead of better.

But you J Hoy and others your age can and do see it happening. And you must know like I do. There is nothing anybody can do about it. Would you agree or disagree with my assumption about that J Hoy ? If you disagree please explain what can be done to change the path we are headed down. For you and other people our age and older we will miss the worst of what is to come.

People 40 years old and younger I think will see harder times than the great depression ever was.
Pesticides have been banned in the past to save people and other animals, like Endrin, 2,4,5-T, DDT and others. If neonicotinoids and glyphosate were banned immediately, that would give the young people more time to address the other issues like the climate change issue and others. Also, livestock owners would not loose so much money to calves not surviving and weight loss due to underbite and digestive issues caused by those pesticides. I am trying to help the animals, and in doing so, help the livestock owners. Whether the livestock owners want to help themselves and their own livestock (and children) is up to them and like you say, we can't do anything about that issue. Since children are being born with the same birth defects and other health issues as the wild and domestic animals, which have been shown by thousands of studies to be caused by neonicotinoids and glyphosate working synergistically, it would seem that everyone with children would be on board with banning those pesticides as soon as possible. Why is there no concern for the affected children?

Pesticides have been banned in the past to save people and other animals, like Endrin, 2,4,5-T, DDT and others. If neonicotinoids and glyphosate were banned immediately, that would give the young people more time to address the other issues like the climate change issue and others. Also, livestock owners would not loose so much money to calves not surviving and weight loss due to underbite and digestive issues caused by those pesticides. I am trying to help the animals, and in doing so, help the livestock owners. Whether the livestock owners want to help themselves and their own livestock (and children) is up to them and like you say, we can't do anything about that issue. Since children are being born with the same birth defects and other health issues as the wild and domestic animals, which have been shown by thousands of studies to be caused by neonicotinoids and glyphosate working synergistically, it would seem that everyone with children would be on board with banning those pesticides as soon as possible. Why is there no concern for the affected children?
Glyphosate is a pesticide?

So tell us, how many cows you own, or manage, and what climate issues the young people are going to solve?

Horse feathers

I graduated high school in 1978.
When I was a kid bob white quail were everywhere, my grandpas place in Washington County were covered up with quail on good years.
When the fire ants moved in they were no more.
My place in Coleman County has quail but hawks and nest raiders keep their numbers low.
I went out to the ranch last July and as soon as I got out to open the gate I could hear some calling.
It use to be that way when I was a kid here at home.
Same here quail everywhere,
fire ants have taken out all our ground nesting birds from field larks, turkeys and qual.
Neighbor and I tried for years to get pheasant and quail established. The adults live for a couple years till predators take them out, especially the hens. I had a small flock of turkeys on my place until Rita.
Seeing a few , seen this one in my bottom the other day.
5A5318DB-3566-405A-B159-00BC1F2AF354.jpeg
Chased a few back in October.
CD79D02E-2703-498D-A683-578D02D4DB17.jpeg

I was not aware of the damage Imidacloprid is capable of. I like this short documentary, "Selah: Water from Stone". In the ideal world we could all accomplish what this Texas gentleman did. Unfortunately I, and many others, do not have the financial means to do so.

Latest posts