PVC Pasture Water Lines ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I need fitting to extend some 1 1/4 above ground pasture water lines. Who is a good source for compression fittings, quick connects, and valves?

D2Cat

Reaction score
Steve, maybe you have a Reeves Wiedeman, or a Winnelson nearby. If not check online for a wholesale plumbing supply, or ask a plumber friend for his supplier's name.

I was recently looking for a flare to threaded IP coupling for 3/4" soft copper for a propane line. Took some digging at various outlets but finally found them at a refrigeration supplier.

fasttommy

Reaction score
Is it pvc or black hdpe? 1 1/4 seems a weird pvc size but it seems fairly common for hdpe water lines

Farmgirl

Reaction score
Kfence.com

Have used their compression fittings and valves with minimal issues. Not PVC but work with the black plastic pipe.

fasttommy

Reaction score
Yes farm girl is right. Kfence compression fittings work with both inside and outside controlled diameter hdpe (I believe, you will want to check with them). They work great.

greybeard

Reaction score
1 1/4" is not unusual, as that is what most residential water well tanks' threaded outlet and inlets are.

OP
S

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Standard water pipe here is 1 1/4 black HDPE (not PVC) coil . I did find some PVC 1 1/4 compression fittings at a supply house, but the Agrifit fittings at Kfence look like a better choice. Thanks for the tips.

Farmgirl

Reaction score
AgriFit fittings have inserts to work with different types of pipe. I have found Kfence very helpful in sorting the variations out.

Latest posts