putting weight on a milking cow

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I want to put some weight on a thin 3yr old. She is on dry and wet hay. As a 2yr old she had grain all summer but she put it all into the calf, the calf was 900lbs @ 7months.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2n76nlkk said:
: I want to put some weight on a thin 3yr old. She is on dry and wet hay. As a 2yr old she had grain all summer but she put it all into the calf, the calf was 900lbs @ 7months.<br> I would put her back on grain,very slowly. worm her right away.all the timothy or grass hay she wants w/ some alfalfa.Is she bred now?Plenty of fresh water, warm and dry place to lay down.Check her and watch what she is eating&adjust slowly. Good luck<br>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3f3cjc16 said:
: : I want to put some weight on a thin 3yr old. She is on dry and wet hay. As a 2yr old she had grain all summer but she put it all into the calf, the calf was 900lbs @ 7months.<br>: I would put her back on grain,very slowly. worm her right away.all the timothy or grass hay she wants w/ some alfalfa.Is she bred now?Plenty of fresh water, warm and dry place to lay down.Check her and watch what she is eating&adjust slowly. Good luck<p>Thanks for the advice. She cycled 1 month after calving, and the calf is doing great. We'll probably breed her in 3weeks. All she does is eat but it seems to go straight to her udder.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts