Putting a 2" ball on a drawbar?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Anybody got a quick attach system to put a ball on your drawbar. I have to take a ball on and off of my drawbar almost everyday. I have an old school drawbar I can put on the 3 point hitch. It's not really applicable for what I need the ball for. Getting out my pipe wrenches, and fighting it everyday is getting old. I wish I could just pull a pin, and be in business.

Make you a boxed holder that slides over the drawbar with the ball mounted on it Ala Jd hitch extender that comes with a lot of their square balers.

Jogeephus":2h2npb5b said:
What are you using the ball for?

Pulling a 16foot trailer, and my sprayer is also mounted on a little trailer. I have a doohickey that will keep that drawbar contraption that will keep it from spinning on my little tractor. It bolts on, and is about as aggravating as taking a ball on and off. Plus the little tractor is just an 8n, and want pull, or more importantly stop some the loads I pull.

hillbilly beef man":1n5idr82 said:
Make you a boxed holder that slides over the drawbar with the ball mounted on it Ala Jd hitch extender that comes with a lot of their square balers.

Never seen one.

Mostly thinking out loud... but why couldn't you take a receiver and weld it to the tractor's tow bar? You could then take a tow bar in and out with with one pin. You could also have a second tow bar minus the ball for pin type hitches.

I made a Reese style receiver and bolted it in front of the pin hole on mine. Just took a reducer tube that costs like $8 and welded that to some channel iron. Two bolts and it works slick. I can hook to most anything and it is out of the way for most any standard drawbar chores. If I can I will try to get a pic. You could do like someone else was explaining and basically do a box that slips over drawbar and weld a ball to it. Put a hole in it, slide it on and drop a pin in. Undoing a ball everyday would get old quick.

Bigfoot check out Titan distributors inc. I bought a hay fork ,gooseneck hitch and receiver trailer ball hitch all in one, three point hitch mount. I keep it on my loader tractor most all the time.

Bigfoot":1s5g5ecv said:
hillbilly beef man":1s5g5ecv said:

Never seen one.

It is a 8 inch long box that slides over your drawbar with a hole to lock it to the drawbar with a pin. Then there is an extension off of that a few inches that your ball would mount on. To put it on, slide it over your draw bar and put In your pin. To take off, pull pin and slide off.

Here is one my dad had made back around 2002. I added the gooseneck ball last year and yeasterday I added the lower receiver tube for the cargo carrier. The tubing my dad used isn't a 2" ID so a regular hitch doesn't fit in. I'll use the lower tube for the cargo carrier which will hold my 25G tank sprayer. Bought the carrier from Harbor Freight for $65 less a 20% coupon. I was going to build one, but I cannot build one myself for that price. The carrier is rated for 500 lbs too, which is plenty for 25 gallons of water. This hitch stays on the tractor probably 75% of the year and now I don't have to take it off to put the forks on for the sprayer.

My grandfather made one years ago for his old Jubilee that used a lift arm drawbar. He took a piece of angle and bent the ends to bolt it to the drawbar and pin it at the 3rd point. The angle is simply there to stop the drawbar from wanting to twist in the lift arms. The disadvantage to this one is very limited lifting height as the 3rd point is at an angle to the one side and not centered. I'll try to get a picture of it this evening.

833BAE93-544F-487C-BF71-4331ACBC12E1_zpswp6yqjzs.jpg

I'm leaning towards the three point hitch configuration. The only reason, I had discredited it was out of fear one of my kids would try to pull something with the lift all the way up, and flip a tractor. Had a neighbor that died that way years ago. I'd be putting this on my loader tractor, and it might be impossible to flip one that way (with a loader)

Latest posts