Puting Corid in with horse

Help Support CattleToday:

shorthorn cowgirl

Reaction score
I have a cow thats got colibacillosis and is it ok to put Corid into the water tank with a horse in the pasture? I've had vets tell me it is ok then i've had some that said dont do it...Anybody no what to do??

I, personally, would not put a cow in the same pasture as a horse, regardless of the circumstances. I've seen to many wrecks happen as a result of it. Why not just pen the cow, add the required medication to her water, and let it go at that?

msscamp":1nkzceih said:
I, personally, would not put a cow in the same pasture as a horse, regardless of the circumstances. I've seen to many wrecks happen as a result of it. Why not just pen the cow, add the required medication to her water, and let it go at that?

Well actually the cow and horse are like best friends and the graze together and everything and the cow just had her baby Last Friday so we would split the horse and cow but the cow won't even come up to the pens and stays at the North end at all time. The only time she comes up is at night to get a drink.

I too would seperate them, even if they are best buds, not only because of the meds but of the calf. Take a few minutes and build a paddock next to the cow using hot wire and move the horse for a while. Why take a chance?

Alan