Put your best bovine on the board!

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":1jdj451t said:
And this is probably the best cow on the place. She's a '99 model Right Time.
Good cow Frankie. Coming 8 yr.old. Should be a few more calves in there.

la4angus":2fghmi9y said:
Frankie":2fghmi9y said:
And this is probably the best cow on the place. She's a '99 model Right Time.
Good cow Frankie. Coming 8 yr.old. Should be a few more calves in there.

I hope so. She's never had a heifer. She's bred to Midland this time. But no matter what we breed her to, I don't know that she's ever given us a bad calf.

Nice ext cow frankie. Woops, I see you call her a right time. Is she ext on the bottom? I don't know my angus pedigrees but the skull shape, length of spine and volume looks like ext's I've seen.

ollie'":1l0q6u3f said:
Nice ext cow frankie. Woops, I see you call her a right time. Is she ext on the bottom? I don't know my angus pedigrees but the skull shape, length of spine and volume looks like ext's I've seen.

Thank you. Leachman Right Time is an EXT son. Maybe his best son. So she's a granddaughter of EXT.

Liddy.jpg

[/img]
DSC00049.jpg

BigLittleAfro1.jpg

My best COWS. You can't include heifers since you've never gotten a calf out of them yet, right?

The title is Put your best bovine on the board! Nothing is said about cows or heifers.
By the way nice cows. Are the 2 bottom ones Simmental. They don't show much Simmental, but it could be the glare. Actually they look more like Red Angus, but I don't think that tou have any Red Angus.

"Best" steers from last year's herd (my apologies to those that have seen these already):

DSCF0090.JPG

Red angusX

DSCF0067.JPG

This is not a very good pic, I know...

DSCF0056.JPG

I consider this one the best steer that I've had...

DSCF00361.JPG

As well as this one...agian not the greatest pic of him.

DSCF00151.JPG

Last one...another great lookin steer.

these are some of my better cows.

this is my favorite cow (not counting my retired brangus)
Picture122.jpg

Picture_084.jpg

Beefmaster74.jpg

Picture_1542.jpg

1.jpg

KANSAS":jdhggdg6 said:
schnurrbart... how much for Illini Nichol?

Don't think I can sell her. She is nine now and really producing some great calves for us. I know I would like to have a bunch more like her and I do have a few but not as good as her or her mother (the black one).

Couple of my girls...

z17 as a heifer
IMG_0703.jpg

z17 with '06 heifer calf (by Shadybrook Scotty 83K imp CAN)
111_1101.JPG

z17
110_1059.JPG

z82
110_1093.JPG

z82 again
IMG_0993.jpg

Colin, yes he doesn't look bad in that catalogue. My boss requested his semen about 2-3 years ago now, since then a few breeders have used him. His calves seem to be quite consistent. If you have the time, look at the Shadybrook Farms website, there are some of his daughters there.
I'm pretty pleased with what I've got.

Latest posts