Put on I.R.

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Injured Reserve. Took a fall at the ranch yesterday. BL hauled me to the emergency. Pleurisy from a broken rib has some pain involved. 2 Vicodin with 2 ibuprofen every 4 hrs takes the edge off. So I got to sit around till BL gets off work [we should make this permanent] so she can do the heavy stuff at the ranch. :cowboy:

john250":2j9xwgxb said:
If you expect sympathy, you've come to the wrong place. :lol:

Sympathy nope, Conversation yup, I got to sit around till "The Boss" gets off work. Might be early today.

Wow that must have been quite a tumble to crack ribs. Have you got ice mixed in with your snow as we do and is that part of what caused your tumble? Knock wood I haven't fallen yet this winter but I fell so many times last winter that I was begining to believe that I was developing balance problems but evidently it was just poor judgement on my part for working outside and doing chores on the ice and snow. Be careful when you go out to supervise the BL so you don't aggrevate your injury further. Good luck on your recovery. JLP

I was climbing over a gate, to big a hurry to open it. The gate was ice covered from a little rain the night before. Slipped going over the top, no problem I'll just fall right :???: Put out my right arm to break the fall my hand slipped and my right elbow did the damage. I knew right away I broke something. I'm pruty crippled up right now. St Paul kids are on their way to help. :clap: The BL is in charge. :welcome:

Oh yeah, wishing you all the best in 09.

Rest up and take advantage of the IR. Plurisy hurts like heck, been there done that. Happy New year to you all up there!

Ugh ~ you have my sympathy! At your age you should really be more careful. :help:

I cracked a rib exactly 4 years ago yesterday...at 11:30 p.m. It was in conjunction with a New Year's Eve celebration...involved my nephew's electric scooter and a caliche road.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever had anything hurt longer than a cracked rib. I understand that any kind of rib injury takes forever to get over, pain wise.

Heal, and be healthy, mnm!

Alice

angie":31mngkb2 said:
Ugh ~ you have my sympathy! At your age you should really be more careful. :help:

He he he... :clap: I always hear stories of how people your age mnmt break a hip or ribs and never fully recover.. :lol2:
Use this time to take advantage of the RR it will not last long,,hope you recover soon.. :)

You are right about the ribs Alice. I broke 2 and cracked 3 in Dec. 04, well to be fair I didn't but Brightstar did, it's amazing what damage a 1600lb Holstein can do when she backs into you and smushes you into panels.. :cry2: Every time they started to heal they got so goshdarn itchy that I would have to stretch out to re open them,,they took at least 6 month to heal .Feeding was the worst, getting in and out of the tractor ,,I thought I was going to die.. :help:

Happy New Year everyone.. :tiphat:

mnmtranching":gk8q0gei said:
So I got to sit around till BL gets off work [we should make this permanent] so she can do the heavy stuff at the ranch. :cowboy:

Glad you are OK. Maybe you can start a worldwide trend on this staying home stuff. I like the idea. Not the pain part just the lounging around part. If you lived a bit closer I'd bring you a little service bell I used when I was layed up a few months. (Your wife would love it :lol2: )

A cow cracked some ribs for me several years ago. I dragged myself to the doctor, and they took x rays.
I just want to say that if you can climb onto that cold steel table and lie still for the x ray, you will likely survive. That was painful.

Jogeephus":3o1sk4fi said:
mnmtranching":3o1sk4fi said:
So I got to sit around till BL gets off work [we should make this permanent] so she can do the heavy stuff at the ranch. :cowboy:

Glad you are OK. Maybe you can start a worldwide trend on this staying home stuff. I like the idea. Not the pain part just the lounging around part. If you lived a bit closer I'd bring you a little service bell I used when I was layed up a few months. (Your wife would love it :lol2: )

Oh, that's a wonderful idea Jogee,,what are you trying to do ,,,,,,kill the poor guy. :roll: I think the BL would find new uses for your bell.. :p :lol2:

Ouch! What a bummer. I went down yesterday but just a little whiplash pain today, went down fast and landed across a snowbank. Dang ice! Sorry you broke your arm, hope you heal fast.

hillsdown":pa0y5hsm said:
Jogeephus":pa0y5hsm said:
mnmtranching":pa0y5hsm said:

Oh, that's a wonderful idea Jogee,,what are you trying to do ,,,,,,kill the poor guy. :roll: I think the BL would find new uses for your bell.. :p :lol2:

Somebody gave it to me as a gag and come to think of it ... it went missing after a day or so.

mnmtranching":3t00zbxk said:
Injured Reserve. Took a fall at the ranch yesterday. BL hauled me to the emergency. Pleurisy from a broken rib has some pain involved. 2 Vicodin with 2 ibuprofen every 4 hrs takes the edge off. So I got to sit around till BL gets off work [we should make this permanent] so she can do the heavy stuff at the ranch. :cowboy:

Yep!! It was those gluten pellets again, right??? :lol2: Just giving you a hard time mnmt, since your not feeling any pain anyway!
Hope you get well soon!!!! :nod:

mnmtranching":ey70nmn2 said:

Boy, does this sound familiar. I have lifted and hauled at least half a ton of mineral and calved 45 head since the rib breaking episode around here. Hope you are feeling well soon---for your wife's sake too.

john250":2rgnp944 said:
If you expect sympathy, you've come to the wrong place. :lol:

Ya, quit your whining and get back to it already! :lol2:

P.S. send the Vicodin this-away, have my own bottle of ibuprofen. :D

For some reason I have this visualization in my head about you laying on the couch all wrapped up in a quilt and those two labs of yours laying down beside you waiting, wondering and hoping. Does this look familiar?

357655912_25f7affd86.jpg

Jogeephus":tqeyh4vs said:
For some reason I have this visualization in my head about you laying on the couch all wrapped up in a quilt and those two labs of yours laying down beside you waiting, wondering and hoping. Does this look familiar?

357655912_25f7affd86.jpg

I don't know Jogee, I was thinking he was making it sound like things were circling already: :lol2:

BuzzardsAnyone.jpg

Latest posts