Put 'er down

Help Support CattleToday:

gb,
We're located in the same county with Ft. Campbell Army base. Have had a long-running working relationship with the military veterinary corps, for as long as I've been here (24 yrs), . There are quite a number of veterinarians in the US Army and US Air Force... I presume the other uniformed services also have veterinary officers, as well... I've just not been associated with them. I had veterinary classmates/schoolmates who went into military service(Army & Air Force) right out of school and made a career of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterinar ... tates_Army)

Had six DVMs of varying rank in the group yesterday and about 8 Tangos(veterinary technicians); this group is primarily tasked with providing health care for military working dogs, but, depending upon duty station, they may also have occasion to deal with and provide care/support for personal pets of enlisted personnel at base veterinary hospitals and, I suppose, limited field support, if needed or ordered, for local livestock producers, etc.

Dad like to tell a story about one of the farms his family had on the Licking River. The neighbor across the River came over looking for his steer. He said he shot it ( way too low), it fell over but when he went to cut its throat and hang it to bleed out, the steer got up, ran to the River, swam out in the current and washed away. He thought maybe it came over on dad's side.

Perhaps I do it all wrong. I go from the side of the head. That's my normal available shot with a downer. Use a 30 30 Their heads go down flat out. I've never had to shoot one twice.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":32h0hmft said:
I don't think we have anaplasmosis in NY??? I believe it is more southern.

I had a horse with Anaplasmosis way UP here in the frozen tundra 2 years ago, so I would bet that it is in your area as well.

Latest posts