Push?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey dumb azzes, sky came the closes to it in all theses dumbazz responses...... ISO you are exempt, to be explained later. This is a public forum but it is owned by someone, macon's rules his game. If you don't like the game, feel free to start your own forum, don't come here thinking your going to control the place... It does'nt and hasn't worked through the years. Simple words ....... IT'S NOT YOUR FORUM! LIVE BUY MACON'S RULES AND ****!! I'm sure I made friends with this.

Now for that little man called isoman! M5 I need your okay on this, the bet for the upcoming FSU and Oregon game is we travel to that wasteland they named Oklahoma, drink plenty of beers and see which one of use can toss that midget the furthest! We on?

Alan":16n2r05x said:
Hey dumb azzes, sky came the closes to it in all theses dumbazz responses...... ISO you are exempt, to be explained later. This is a public forum but it is owned by someone, macon's rules his game. If you don't like the game, feel free to start your own forum, don't come here thinking your going to control the place... It does'nt and hasn't worked through the years. Simple words ....... IT'S NOT YOUR FORUM! LIVE BUY MACON'S RULES AND ****!! I'm sure I made friends with this.

Now for that little man called isoman! M5 I need your okay on this, the bet for the upcoming FSU and Oregon game is we travel to that wasteland they named Oklahoma, drink plenty of beers and see which one of use can toss that midget the furthest! We on?
I can't argue that would be entertaining but the little man would probably enjoy being manhandled like that so it wouldn't be to sporting.

Alan":3cgotam9 said:

Bring it on. What shall we call this shindig? The Second Place Party? Or how about the "We Know We dont Stand a Chance Against Bama Bowl"?

Tim/South":3mcufgx2 said:
What I do not understand about the locked "Push" thread is there is no explanation. I have no idea who or what is being pushed. Who are the "you people" mentioned? Are they individuals or all members as a group?

There is no free speech on a forum. Nothing about a forum is free. We pay nothing to come here and share. Over time a well run forum will generate revenue.
I try to be civil and open minded when I reply. I have had posts removed and wondered what it was I said that crossed the line.
As far as the dollar value of this forum, it would be fairly expensive to purchase. I was involved in a very large animal forum for years. It sold for over 150k. The google value had the listed value at 1.4 mil.

This is my puzzlement too. That thread went on and on, mostly civil (a heck of a lot more civil than some that haven't gotten deleted). It did touch on religion but an awful lot of the discussions here do, and for the most part people are (semi)respectful, although in disagreement. At the point the latest thread got deleted today, a main topic was copyright law, and what you were allowed to post without running afoul of it. Is that topic verboten? The religion stuff had been out there for a few days already, so I'm really not sure what was the final trigger?

I am really quite confused now as to what's permissible. I don't want to get in trouble or cause any headaches for the moderators but I really think we need more clarity...if the "no religion" rule is enforced, that's fine, but there are a whole lot of threads that should go then...I for one have seen a good bit of rank incivility and racist comments that are allowed to stand. :???: :???: :???: :hide:

boondocks":wr4ea99c said:
Tim/South":wr4ea99c said:
What I do not understand about the locked "Push" thread is there is no explanation. I have no idea who or what is being pushed. Who are the "you people" mentioned? Are they individuals or all members as a group?

There is no free speech on a forum. Nothing about a forum is free. We pay nothing to come here and share. Over time a well run forum will generate revenue.
I try to be civil and open minded when I reply. I have had posts removed and wondered what it was I said that crossed the line.
As far as the dollar value of this forum, it would be fairly expensive to purchase. I was involved in a very large animal forum for years. It sold for over 150k. The google value had the listed value at 1.4 mil.

This is my puzzlement too. That thread went on and on, mostly civil (a heck of a lot more civil than some that haven't gotten deleted). It did touch on religion but an awful lot of the discussions here do, and for the most part people are (semi)respectful, although in disagreement. At the point the latest thread got deleted today, a main topic was copyright law, and what you were allowed to post without running afoul of it. Is that topic verboten? The religion stuff had been out there for a few days already, so I'm really not sure what was the final trigger?

I am really quite confused now as to what's permissible. I don't want to get in trouble or cause any headaches for the moderators but I really think we need more clarity...if the "no religion" rule is enforced, that's fine, but there are a whole lot of threads that should go then...I for one have seen a good bit of rank incivility and racist comments that are allowed to stand. :???: :???: :???: :hide:

I'm not a mod, but this is not a new ...... Argument, fight, question.... Choose the word, ....

viewforum.php?f=23

Its there locks maybe they just need to use them more often. Why let a thread go so long?? I don't much care any more if I am here or not just a bad waste of time any way.

Red Bull Breeder":uvnxuzjr said:
Its there locks maybe they just need to use them more often. Why let a thread go so long?? I don't much care any more if I am here or not just a bad waste of time any way.
That's what self restraint is for. If a thread goes 3 pages or more I have to be really really bored to bother looking at it. I figure most anything worth saying is said in the first page or 2

Why not just ban the rogue members? If a member is not playing by the rules show them the door. There are options to even temporary ban for any length of time. Makes life much more simple for the members and Mods.
I know banned members will try to return. The IP address is stored and the Admin knows when they create a new account. If the account is created from a different computer it will give a notification when the person goes back to their regular computer. Even partial IP addresses can be blocked.
There is some great advice offered here. There are also a few trolls and semi trolls.
Show them the door.

Tim/South":s5yjf56k said:
Why not just ban the rogue members? If a member is not playing by the rules show them the door. There are options to even temporary ban for any length of time. Makes life much more simple for the members and Mods.
I know banned members will try to return. The IP address is stored and the Admin knows when they create a new account. If the account is created from a different computer it will give a notification when the person goes back to their regular computer. Even partial IP addresses can be blocked.
There is some great advice offered here. There are also a few trolls and semi trolls.
Show them the door.

.....sounds great until you wake up some day and you're the rogue. Be very careful what you wish for. You could find yourself alone here.

Red Bull Breeder":297mqipg said:

Most likely, because the mod(s) are unaware of a problem.
On most boards, mods are a volunteer job or at best, a part time (and often, poorly paying) job and they don't have anywhere near the time to view every thread and post daily or even weekly. Many times, the discussion has already reached 'critical mass' before owner or moderator is even aware there is angst and strife.

Since he locked the original Push thread, and this was started after it, I think he ought to start with every poster in this thread.

:hide:

And before you say it, I already got my next user name picked out.

greybeard":1b7krgbu said:
Red Bull Breeder":1b7krgbu said:

Most likely, because the mod(s) are unaware of a problem.
On most boards, mods are a volunteer job or at best, a part time (and often, poorly paying) job and they don't have anywhere near the time to view every thread and post daily or even weekly. Many times, the discussion has already reached 'critical mass' before owner or moderator is even aware there is angst and strife.
It pays?? Wonder where I can get an application for part time employment. First job would probably be to suspend myself. :tiphat:

images

TexasBred":2ktltq1k said:
It pays?? Wonder where I can get an application for part time employment. First job would probably be to suspend myself. :tiphat:

But would still get paid after suspending yourself--the mod?
(No all (maybe not even many) mods get paid--most are volunteers from membership, tho on really big boards, I've known of some that are offered as paid jobs)

Latest posts