pure bred baldies

Help Support CattleToday:

grubbie

Reaction score
Had someone ask me today if I knew where he could get a pure bred registered baldy bull. After I explained what a baldy was, he wanted to argue about their existence. I gave up immediately. Still giggling about it. Now I'm thinking I could sell him a very expensive "registered" baldy steer, and see if he notices the difference.

grubbie":1rsh2ghq said:
Had someone ask me today if I knew where he could get a pure bred registered baldy bull. After I explained what a baldy was, he wanted to argue about their existence. I gave up immediately. Still giggling about it. Now I'm thinking I could sell him a very expensive "registered" baldy steer, and see if he notices the difference.
Wouldn;t a registered baldy bull be one of those well known and famous "black herefords"?

dun":1jjdtk1m said:
Wouldn;t a registered baldy bull be one of those well known and famous "black herefords"?
LOL, I still have one of those,...haven't gotten her registered yet.....if I ever do she is gonna be EXPENSIVE!!!!

If they are registered blk baldy simms then they are most likely 94% Sim and while not FULLBLOODor FLECKVIEH they would be considered PUREBRED. NO?

grubbie":1ck2ef6f said:
Certified F1 is what he is wanting...........is a funny what of asking.

3waycross":2mg3kylk said:
If they are registered blk baldy simms then they are most likely 94% Sim and while not FULLBLOODor FLECKVIEH they would be considered PUREBRED. NO?
YES! Could be 99.9% - down to 87% to be purebred. Simmental would have been my first guess (well DUH!) but they might be referring to those elite Registered Black Herefords!

Latest posts